AVANTASIA: Moonglow

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
TOBIAS SAMMET'S AVANTASIA ANNOUNCE MOONGLOW ALBUM, WORLD TOUR; VIDEO TRAILER

"...Germany's most successful symphonic rock event will be touring the world in 2019 with its new album Moonglow....next year, Tobias Sammet's Avantasia is getting back on the road, to present its album Moonglow, due to be released in January 2019....
...Tobias Sammet states: "I've been trying to calm things down for the last 18 months, but apparently my best way of relaxing is to be creative! During this phase, tons of ideas have been coming to my mind, that literally demanded to be realized in Avantasia's epic style. I was so convinced of the songs that I realized very quickly: if ever there is to be a new chapter of Avantasia, then it has to happen with this material - past all the trends and rules of the music industry, hand-made and personal, with epic 10-minute pieces alongside catchy rock songs! Everything was created for only one reason: to write great music without any business men shaping it into bite-sized pieces for the modern entertainment landscape. Moonglow will be the most lavish album of my career, the biggest, most colorful thing and the best and most unreasonable luxury, I have ever created in my life. I can’t wait to release the album in January and then take the Moonglow World Tour on a journey around the globe, where you will witness the biggest show Avantasia has ever put on stage!"..."

TOBIAS SAMMET'S AVANTASIA REVEAL MOONGLOW ALBUM DETAILS; GUEST VOCALIST CONFIRMED

"...Tobias Sammet is pleased to announce the release of the upcoming Avantasia masterpiece, Moonglow, on February 1st via Nuclear Blast.

Comprising 11 tracks, the new opus once again features several guest vocalists. This time round, Tobias worked not only with well-known faces such as Ronnie Atkins, Jørn Lande, Eric Martin, Geoff Tate, Michael Kiske and Bob Catley, but also with new singers like Candice Night, Hansi Kürsch as well as Mille Petrozza who help to vitalize the new Avantasia record...."

avantasiaalbumoct18.jpg

The sad thing is, Geoff Tate still,sounds good when the material he is singing is well written metal. I wish he would get back to it, because his voice on Avantasia has been solid

Reactions: Charlie Dudley
The sad thing is, Geoff Tate still,sounds good when the material he is singing is well written metal. I wish he would get back to it, because his voice on Avantasia has been solid

This. He has taken a lot of flack for his voice degrading on the Ryche material, but bottom line is that if you write to his current range, he still sounds GREAT! He just HAS to have an outside writer to bring it out. The guy can't write anything worth listening to anymore. I'd love to see him pulled into some sort of a Frontiers project with a Magnus Karlsson or something similar.