Avantasia to perform live next year?

caex

May 15, 2004
Hendersonville, NC
There was an announcment released today on the german side of the Wacken site, it says:

Liebe Metalheads,

endlich ist es soweit und wir mussten lange drauf warten:
TOBIAS SAMMET´S AVANTASIA kommen 2008 LIVE ZUM W:O:A -
einzige Show in Deutschland!

Das neue AVANTASIA Album "Lost in Space - Part I + II" erscheint am 19.10.07

Euer
W:O:A Team

PS. Eigentlich wollte Tobi am Samstag eine Pressekonferenz in Wacken geben
sowie Meet + Greet, jedoch musste er Samstagmorgens gleich ins Krankenhaus
nach Itzehoe und dort wurde ihm sofort der Blinddarm entfernt. Die Operation
ist wohl gut verlaufen und Tobi ist wieder wohlauf.

Von hier aus - GUTE BESSERUNG TOBI!!!!

Can anyone translate this for me?

An announcment from the Avantasia website:

AVANTASIA TO HEADLINE WACKEN 2008!

Tobias has just announced that finally he will do what many people had hoped for since the year 2001 when he released the first part of his Avantasia-project. He will perform with Avantasia live on stage as one headliner besides Iron Maiden at Wacken Open Air in 2008.

How about this?

"EDGUY frontman Tobias Sammet announced at a press conference at Wacken Open Air earlier today that his solo project AVANTASIA will perform at next year's installment of the festival, set to take place July 31 - August 2, 2008 in Wacken, Germany. Also scheduled to appear are IRON MAIDEN (headliners), CHILDREN OF BODOM and KREATOR.

Drummer Eric Singer (KISS, ALICE COOPER) revealed during a recent interview with rock and roll comic C.C. Banana at the 21st annual NY/NJ Kiss Expo that Alice Cooper has recorded a guest appearance on "The Scarecrow", the third full-length release from AVANTASIA. According to Singer, Michael Schenker (ex-UFO, SCORPIONS) and Michael's brother Rudolf (SCORPIONS) will also appear on the album, which features Eric on drums, Tobias on bass, and former MASTERPLAN/ARK frontman Jorn Lande and Amanda Somerville (the American singer-songwriter and vocal coach who is better known for her collaborations with various European metal bands, including EPICA, AFTER FOREVER and EDGUY) on additional vocals. More guest appearances are expected to be announced soon.

In a recent interview, Sammet described the music on the new AVANTASIA CD as "diversified, pomp metal with some classic rock elements, Classic orchestrated moments and Celtic stuff, a big timeless production and so on and so forth. It's going to consist of many different elements. Bombastic kick-ass music with a lot of heart and depth."

Check out photos from the recording sessions at this location.

The new AVANTASIA album will be a concept album featuring different singers singing different characters in a story. But the concept itself won't be a sequel to the first two AVANTASIA albums.

AVANTASIA's last release was the two-part epic called "The Metal Opera" (issued in 2001 and 2002), which featured an impressive array of guest vocalists playing the various characters of the opera, including Michael Kiske (ex-HELLOWEEN), David DeFeis (VIRGIN STEELE), Sharon Den Adel (WITHIN TEMPTATION), Kai Hansen (GAMMA RAY), André Matos (ANGRA, SHAAMAN), Timo Tolkki (STRATOVARIUS), Rob Rock (WARRIOR), and others.

For more information on AVANTASIA, visit www.avantasia.net.

(Thanks: Markus Rutten / www.sounds2move.de)"

http://roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=78139

The one place I thought people would be most excited, yet the thread gets no where near the response I thought it would.

Guess I'm the only one on here excited about this.

Oh I'm excited about it caex, but we already discussed this, so I didn't see the point in posting.

But, for those that are wondering, apparently the working title "The Scarecrow" has been dropped and changed with "Lost in Space"

You have to realize you posted this on a beautiful weekend day.... wait until the work week. People are out enjoying life... not sitting around reading about Tobias Sammet. :)

Yeah, I guess you're right. Here where I am it's not all that great, haven't wanted to go out.

Plus, I've been depressed all weekend since I was supposed to go to Wacken, but the car broke down and I wasn't able to go.

Yeah, I guess you're right. Here where I am it's not all that great, haven't wanted to go out.

Well its sunny and 80 here. I also found someone operating a "pirate" radio station... who has been cranking nothing but the best progressive and power metal all day! I thought I lost my mind when I stumbled upon it earlier.... you just dont hear this stuff on a regular FM station :headbang: (everything from Opeth to Sonata Arctica and Tad Morose.... truly awesome!)

WOW!! :OMG: I have to see this!! Looks like I'm going to Wacken in 2008!!!! Maybe I should calm down until at least after I hear the new album ...... :)

Well its sunny and 80 here. I also found someone operating a "pirate" radio station... who has been cranking nothing but the best progressive and power metal all day! I thought I lost my mind when I stumbled upon it earlier.... you just dont hear this stuff on a regular FM station :headbang: (everything from Opeth to Sonata Arctica and Tad Morose.... truly awesome!)

In MA? What is the number? Do you know what hour of the day they operated?