Avantasia to perform live next year?

OK, one of the members over at Snakenet Metal Radio gave me a translation of the german:

"Ok, the first part is that Avantasia will play their only Germany show at Wacken 2008.

The last paragraph is about Tobias Sammet's appendix surgery. He should have done a press conference at Saturday (the "big WOA surprise" that was announced earlier) but obviously couldn't as he was in hospital. No complications and he's fine. And they wish him to get well soon."

They announced this at Wacken, but as caex mentioned, Tobias wasn't actually present (he was supposed to do an autograph session too). This is however, great news, and I really wish I could go see this. The possibility of seeing Kiske sing live after 15 years of no shows is enough for me. :kickass:

I may need to start saving up for Wacken next year.

+2 (me and DemonOfTheWoods)

We were trying to make this summer our first year for WOA, but it just did work out with funding. Hopefully we will be able to secure the funds for next year. Next year's line-up is already looking amazing to me, but I can't wait to see what additional bands will be announced. :headbang:

Will this show play anywhere in America? I'd love it to turn into a sort of TSO-type touring extravaganza. Maybe they could open for TSO?:worship:

Will this show play anywhere in America? I'd love it to turn into a sort of TSO-type touring extravaganza. Maybe they could open for TSO?:worship:

No word on that yet. I'll certainly let you know if they do come over here.. if anyone knows more, please correct me.

The moment this show is booked in the States, I'm blowing off Wacken. As much as I want to go to Wacken, t will be nearly impossible to do anything else next year if I go... but I'm not missing Avantasia!

I'm pretty sure Avantasia will play other festivals in Europe, but there is absolutely no way this is cost-feasible to bring to the US.

Here's what I found out and thought I'd pass it along...The Avantasia "Lost In Space 1 & 2" are two completely SEPERATE EP's that will be released seperately in the next two weeks. "Scarecrow" is still the title of the album to be released in the Winter/Spring of '08. Hope it helps.

Lost in Space is the SINGLE. The Scarecrow is the name of the full length, out early next year