Avantasia Touring Lineup Announced

Apr 10, 2006
Pawtucket, RI
"I'd like to take the opportunity to thank you for your great support. 'The Scarecrow' is an album that means a lot to me and it was quite a commercial risk to just follow my heart instead of doing exactly what people expected. But if I take a look at the chart positions and sales — it went into the album charts in 16 countries, hitting the Top10 in four countries — it seems like you appreciate my honesty! Thank you!

Now preparing for the festival summer with AVANTASIA seems so surreal. AVANTASIA has never been on stage before and all of the sudden we are headlining the biggest festivals in the world, just been confirmed for the Sziget festival in Hungary on the 13th of August, playing amongst legendary bands such as R.E.M., DIE ÄRZTE, IRON MAIDEN and the SEX PISTOLS. Amazing!

"The AVANTASIA line up will be Jorn Lande (ex-MASTERPLAN), André Matos (ex-ANGRA), Amanda Somerville, Olli Hartmann, Bob Catley (MAGNUM — not all shows), Sascha Paeth, Miro, Robert Hunecke, Claudy Yang and Frank Lindenthal who is gonna replace Eric Singer who'll be playing with KISS. Despite all rumors Michael Kiske will not be there, as he didn't wanna do it and I respect that! We'll put on a huge epic show anyway. Nobody has done something like that before and I swear, nobody will ever forget the event, neither you nor us!!!"

:cry::cry::cry: Sometimes I hate being an American.

Not surprising that the line up is weak. I suspect trying to put together any sort of touring line up has to be a logistical nightmare. Since I'm seeing this show in Sweden, I really should make it a point to actually listen to the Avantasia discs.

Zod

Not surprising that the line up is weak. I suspect trying to put together any sort of touring line up has to be a logistical nightmare. Since I'm seeing this show in Sweden, I really should make it a point to actually listen to the Avantasia discs.

Zod

The song "Seven Angels" from Part II of the opera is godly! Give it a spin. :kickass:

~Brian~

The first one is one of my favorite power metal discs of all time. The others, not so much.

Jason
Agreed. First one is great, second one is relatively boring. Haven't even bothered with the new one, but judging by reviews, it probably wouldn't be my thing.
The song "Seven Angels" from Part II of the opera is godly! Give it a spin. :kickass:

~Brian~
That song has some really cool parts and really shitty parts. Overall, it's one of the two songs on that album that i enjoy, though the Final Sacrifice is way better.

The first one is great! The second one is good. The third one is.............well......it's in 3rd place.