Avatarium - Jefferson Airplane meets Black Sabbath

Yeah, that first Avatarium was album of the year for me when it came out. I'm digging the new one, though....it's not as heavy/doomy as the first, with a lot more Hammond B3, but it's still pretty cool. There's a lot of old Uriah Heep in this stuff.

One of my favourite bands. Just about a week ago, I saw them live on their first headliner tour (and for the fifth time in total). To get a good impression of what they are like live, I recommend to check out their performance at this year's Rock Hard Festival which was recorded by a German TV station and can be streamed (in good quality) here:

http://www1.wdr.de/fernsehen/kultur...vatarium100_size-L.html?autostart=true#banner

(Someone has also uploaded it on youtube.)

They are live even better than on their studio albums. As regards the new album, my favourite songs are "The January Sea", "Ghostlight" and "The Master Thief". I recommend the digipak-version which also comes along with a DVD of their concert at the Hammer of Doom Festival 2014.

Glad to see this band getting some love here. I was lucky enough to see them this weekend on 70k and maybe the best performances of the weekend.

AVATARIUM - HURRICANES AND HALOS ALBUM DUE IN MAY

AVATARIUM REVEAL HURRICANES AND HALOS ALBUM ARTWORK, TRACKLISTING

Last edited:
AVATARIUM - The Fire I Long For Album Due In November; "Rubicon" Music Video Posted

"...On November 22, doom metal wizards Avatarium return with their dark gospel to open another chapter of their hauntingly beautiful otherworld. Only two years after taking fans by storm with Hurricanes And Halos, the Swedes announce the completion of their fourth full-length release. The Fire I Long For sees them return to their epic doom roots whilst paying their respects to rock legends like Rainbow, Led Zeppelin, and The Doors...."

Reactions: NorseBlood