Avenged Sevenfold Metallica Rip Off- WTF?

Acujer

Apr 14, 2008
What's with that song This Means War? Is this even legal to rip off a band this hard? Funny how Lars goes ballistic of poor teenage kids downloading music but doesn't seem to care when a band makes millions off a new version of Sad But True. This the biggest rip off I've ever heard since Silent lucidity ripped off Pink Floyd's Mother. WTF?

Gareen Jelly Had to pay Metallica $10,000 in royalties for their song "Electric Harley House of Love" for stealing a riff from "Enter Sandman" even though it was meant to be a parody as that's what kind of band they are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha Yeah totally. I thought you can't sue for a parody though? Did they win?

So when do the lawsuits to Avenged Sevenfold begin?

Yeah I said that Green Jelly had to pay Metallica $10,000. Funny story a year later GJ played SF in '94. Kirk Hammett was at the show with his girlfriend at the time. They were both obviously high on coke! I was hanging outside with the GJ guys after their set. Kirk's GF claimed she knew one of the GJ guys and was looking for him and randomly grabbed their drummer and began hugging him & Kirk flipped out yelling at the guy to not touch his woman. Then Kirk found Found the rest of the GJ guys getting in his face & he backed off and he & his lady split. One the GJ guys said they should have beat that $10,000 out of him and Dunderhead of GJ said "For $10,000 we sheould be able to kick his ass and Fuck his girlfriend!" Classic! :D

Hahaha. What nerve that Kirk Hammett actually went to the show of the band they sued for $10 K? What's up with that? I still don't know why they lost a lawsuit over a parody.