Awesome Endtime Cover

Cool cover, not too far from original but it has great atmosphere and feeling. IMO, one of the best Kata covers which are available here and there. If all December Songs will be as good as this it will be worth waiting. Thanks for sharing man :wave:

I really love that "Don't cry for me...I'm free" during the soft riff. Jonas should have written that into the original. :p

Great version indeed. Very respectful of the original, with a good way of rendering the evil in this song. Black metal vocals fits to this song. I like ot alot.

Wow, thanx for the link dude. I had no idea that Dark Fortress (a german Black Metal band by the way) ever covered a Katatonia track... but I like their version. Anyway, it is definitely no sample taken from a forthcoming album, it is the bonustrack from "Stabwounds", their last output. (I just own the version without bonus track :erk: )

Whoa, although I love BMD's bleak production I have to admit that this production is way heavier and sounds at least as good as the original production. Great cover. :headbang:

that's one of the two songs on "december songs" that were released before. (the other one is from forest of shadows - no secret ;)) it's indeed a great cover and there will be some on the tribute that are even better, pretty much perfect i'd say. imo a cover should capture the atmosphere of the original but with the coverband's unique style. that was accomplished by many if not all bands who take part in the tribute.