Awesome new Game Demos! - high bandwidth downloads

xenophobe

May 17, 2002
SF Bay Area
There are a couple of new demos that have been released that are great! I've been spending WAY too much time playing them. If you enjoy good 1st Person Perspective games, check them out:

Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo for PC/Mac/Linux:
Super fast action sci-fi Multiplayer Shooter:

www.unrealtournament.com/download/

Here's a super-highspeed direct link 150kb/s+ (reported over 450kb/s)

http://anon.atari.speedera.net/anon.atari/98021/ut2004-betademo.exe

Check out Onslaught mode! :devil:

Painkiller Single Player Demo:
Go around killing undead and witches in creepy/gothic European towns:

http://www.painkillergame.com/

Both have decently high system requirements, and both are really beautiful and entertaining.

Wow.. Unreal Tournament.. I used to play that game some time ago. Diablo II Lord of Destruction, too. And sometimes Quake III Arena. Then I just quitted playing them.. I'm not playing any game in pc now, except for The Sims Unleashed heh, I like it, always liked it.
I still have to end the ps2 game Fatal Frame, of spirits.. but I don't have the ps2 anymore so I don't know when I'm gonna finish it :ill: but I still have the game.. hah..
Any of you know if there's some page where I can download Silent Hill 1? It's been a long time since I last played it and I would like to play it again (and I don't have the ps1 either, I have a Dreamcast and don't even use it :/).

Reactions: Spike
Voice of God said:
Painkiller looks:
a) good
b) like it definitely should have Judas Priest as soundtrack :D
c) like it has the worst story ever, and therefore will be forgotten and dumped to the the big graveyard of failed FPS-games.
It is suppose to be an old school fps so yes the story will be weak but the action is cool and the game is bloody as hell and it has a nice physics engine(It uses the MAx payne 2 engine).

Sonnenritter said:
Unreal Tournament 2004 is amazing, especially, what I deem the Battlefield 1942 rip off mode, Onslaught. Domination bored the hell out of me. Onslaught is an excellent replacement!
Double Domination is an awful game mode. The original UT Domination (3 control points, hold as many as you can and your points count up) was far better; it was much more tense.

Wandrail said:
I still like the assault levels - the one on the demo is pretty damn great, and of course the bombing run remains fun.
The assault level is pretty good. The graphics are great... I'm hooked to Onslaught and can't WAIT for new levels...

I haven't had so much fun with a Demo since the original Quake came out. :hotjump:

I can't remember ever playing a demo so much....hmmm, maybe the original GTA demo.

Painkiller is....kinda naff..... The graphics are nice, the physics are amazing (Havok 2, of course) the level, weapon and character design is all superb and freaky. But........it's fucking boring!!!!!!

SculptedCold said:
I can't remember ever playing a demo so much....hmmm, maybe the original GTA demo.

Painkiller is....kinda naff..... The graphics are nice, the physics are amazing (Havok 2, of course) the level, weapon and character design is all superb and freaky. But........it's fucking boring!!!!!!
That is why I hope the full version will be more intense.
And I mean really intense.

A: Look at the screenshots... I think the demo is more to just give you a feel what the game engine can do than demo the actual game itself. Some of the screens look great.

Downloaded UT Demo over a week ago, but as is typical fashion with me, it hasn't even been installed yet. :erk:

I've already pre-ordered my UT2004. I WILL HAVE IT OR ELSE!

Actually, I'm hooked, I've played more in the demo than I have with many games I've paid $40+ for. I can't wait for the extra Onslaught maps and the single player game!