Awesome news!

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
I didn't even know they were working on their next album, so this is a great surprise. This band is rad.

Between the Buried and Me said:
Hey guys!
Our new album is in the final stages of the mixing process and it sounds absolutely amazing. I thought it was about time to fill you in a little bit on some details pertaining to the album. It's titled "Colors" and is 8 tracks totaling 65 minutes of non stop music. Here's the track list:

Between the Buried and Me
"Colors"
1. Foam Born:
(a) the backtrack
2. (b) the decade of statues
3. Informal Gluttony
4. Sun of Nothing
5. Ants of the Sky
6. Prequel to the Sequel
7. Viridian
8. White Walls

Comes out September 18th.... come out this summer and see us with our friends The Red Chord, Cephalic Carnage, and The End. We'll be playing a few new songs...and get ready for something completely different this fall!!

-dan/btbam

whoa!

Never heard this band before, but due to Kevin always raving about them I'm checking out this new one. It's crazy good, guys.

I heard a lot of good reviews about them, but I'm still somewhat hesitant. The word "metalcore" always pops up and the same reviewer gave Chimaira's 2nd abortion 5 stars...and Arcturus's Sideshow Symphonies a palsy 2 stars. After that, I stopped reading reviews.

So yes, in the words of penguin: can you spare a few more sentences?

Between The Buried And Me's "Colors" is an epic journey into sound. In trying to pinpoint exactly what the main focus is in sound for the band, I'm at a loss. I could claim "technical death metal", but that hardly makes up a majority of their sound. Technicality is for certain, but for every "Death" or "-core" segment, there is an equally contrasted section of gentle, melodic prog. In many bands, it is easy to simply juxtapose these sounds for the sake of variety, but on "Colors", there is a constant flow from the beginning of the album to the end. Hardly the genre mishmash that many current bands fall into the trap of merely for sake of being "innovative".

It's exciting, that's for sure.

As it was put on Blabbermouth: ""Colors" was previously described by BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME as "a 65-minute opus of non-stop pummeling beautiful music. We have described this release as 'adult contemporary death prog metal.'""