AWFUL news from the Gulf.

Sorry for making light of the situation. I've been totally absent through this conversation and don't intend to read what I missed. This whole situation is a fucking god-sized facepalm.

But I must inject one more joke if it hasn't already been said.

DRILL BABY DRILL!!!

Sorry.

Sorry for making light of the situation. I've been totally absent through this conversation and don't intend to read what I missed. This whole situation is a fucking god-sized facepalm.

But I must inject one more joke if it hasn't already been said.

DRILL BABY DRILL!!!

Sorry.

The real joke would be "FILL BABY FILL," because that's the portion BP so epically fucked up in the first place. :lol:

I was thinking the other day that if I was in BP's place right now I would have said "Fine - fuck you - you think you can fix this better than we can? Have at it - we're done."

Seriously?

This whole thing came about because BP weren't strict enough in the safety systems that should have been in place, and it's clear that they were in no way prepared for something like this happening.

"Safety and preparedness?!?! But whot about teh profitz!?" :loco:

A quote from Matt Simmons.

…“In my opinion, what most likely happened when one of the largest surges of oil as gas blew out the BOP and within seconds, began melting down one of the world’s most technically advanced deepwater rigs ever built is that just the BOP and wellhead got tossed far away from the well bore but the riser which was attached to the rig floor was separated from the wellhead/BOP.

“What all the black crap coming out to create these plumes are is the oil from the reservoir and it is staying so deep under the ocean surface that only the recent tests by NOAA research vessels finally saw these giant plumes rapidly spreading across the sea floor of the Gulf of Mexico.

“BP is in total denial that this could be real.

“It is time for the government to ask BP to step aside and bring the military into to managing this colossal failure of judgment by BP.

“Spread this news as we all need to better understand what is really happening.

“Very tragic story.

“Matt”

I still heavily disagree - BP are still the ones most familiar with the equipment, terrain, and situation in general. I have a lot of respect for the USACE (except for that tranny "Karen" I met at the banquet in DC... bitch was scary as balls), but I don't think they'd do any better than BP has.

Not to mention Matt Simmons has a huge stake in tarnishing BP's name.

I still heavily disagree - BP are still the ones most familiar with the equipment, terrain, and situation in general. I have a lot of respect for the USACE (except for that tranny "Karen" I met at the banquet in DC... bitch was scary as balls), but I don't think they'd do any better than BP has.

Not to mention Matt Simmons has a huge stake in tarnishing BP's name.

Jeff, we both broke our promises to ourselves :erk:

This sub-forum is like crack.