Axel Rudi Pell for Progpower!

I'd much rather see ARP at ProgPower than Hardline. I love Double Eclipse, don't get me wrong, but ARP has a huge back catalog to pull from.

~Brian~
Definitely agreed! "Oceans of Time" and "The Masquerade Ball" are worth it alone. Two absolute masterpieces! Actually, I'd rather ARP than just about anybody right now. ARP is a bucket list band for me.

ARP is at the point in his career that he needs the US market like he needs the crabs. He makes a truckload of money in Germany that he has to justify coming to America. In reality, unless you have a promoter that REALLY wanted him, that promoter would have to shell out around Emperor-type money for him. $75-100K is probably going to be the rate. And, the fact is that I do not think his name alone could generate the ticket sales that PPUSA needs. There are bands who are playing LOWER than a perceived ARP slot on this year's PPUSA lineup that probably generate more sales than ARP. Do you think any of them should get a $75-100K fee?

ARP is at the point in his career that he needs the US market like he needs the crabs. He makes a truckload of money in Germany that he has to justify coming to America. In reality, unless you have a promoter that REALLY wanted him, that promoter would have to shell out around Emperor-type money for him. $75-100K is probably going to be the rate. And, the fact is that I do not think his name alone could generate the ticket sales that PPUSA needs. There are bands who are playing LOWER than a perceived ARP slot on this year's PPUSA lineup that probably generate more sales than ARP. Do you think any of them should get a $75-100K fee?

Where do you get your information? Just curious.

Where do you get your information? Just curious.

It has long been known that ARP almost never leaves Germany on tours. Claus said virtually the same thing about how huge he is in Germany. And, Glenn has in the past mentioned that ARP would be a huge guarantee that it could not be justified for his popularity here. So, as for where I get this: Basically paying attention to what this and other boards have been saying over the years and adding 2+2. So, are you challenging me over the Germany side, the guarantee side (which is an estimation for ARP's justification in doing a one-off in the USA), or the sales side (Which is if he had much that can justify a headliner slot, he would have been here eons ago)?

It has long been known that ARP almost never leaves Germany on tours. Claus said virtually the same thing about how huge he is in Germany. And, Glenn has in the past mentioned that ARP would be a huge guarantee that it could not be justified for his popularity here. So, as for where I get this: Basically paying attention to what this and other boards have been saying over the years and adding 2+2. So, are you challenging me over the Germany side, the guarantee side (which is an estimation for ARP's justification in doing a one-off in the USA), or the sales side (Which is if he had much that can justify a headliner slot, he would have been here eons ago)?
Regardless of your attempt at hosing my buzz, I still hope that a PP appearance can somehow happen. Glenn is a master of miracles and I'm sure if he wanted ARP, he'd do his damnedest to try to make it happen.

Carousel is one of my faves as well. As for my challenge to the other post, I was laughing at the 75-100K. Did you just pull those numbers out of a hat? It seems absurd to me.

Carousel is one of my faves as well. As for my challenge to the other post, I was laughing at the 75-100K. Did you just pull those numbers out of a hat? It seems absurd to me.

You have to make it worth his while to come here for a one-off. It is not like he is going to tour the USA. And, that number is not out of a hat. As I said, Emperor-type guarantee.

You have to make it worth his while to come here for a one-off. It is not like he is going to tour the USA. And, that number is not out of a hat. As I said, Emperor-type guarantee.

You are OUT of your fucking MIND!!!!!

75k-100k??

That's at least 1,5x/2x more than an Avantasia show would cost here!! It's absurd!!!

Actually, I think Glenn quoted $150K for Avantasia, minimum.

That's not an unlikely figure. Not to mention the difficulty of getting the schedule cleared for all the guest musicians who would be making the appearance, too.

Actually, I think Glenn quoted $150K for Avantasia, minimum.

Ehh, not recently. From this thread:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/progpower-usa/866804-avantasia-tour-everywhere-but-here.html

AngraRULES said:
Simple... Instead of waiting for a promoter to front 50k+ for a show in the US, spend $1k yourself, go to Costa Rica and catch their headlining set there. Problem solved. i know it's easier said than done (I'm personally not in a position to be able to afford something like it), but more and more I'm starting to realize that getting frustrated over certain bands not playing here is a waste. I'm saving some money to take the family down to Brazil and catch Matos there... Hopefully it'll work out!

And Glenn's comment:

Harvester said:
They would be here in a heartbeat if there was money to be made.

1. Visas. There is an application consul fee per country of nationality. Thus, five German members of Wu-Tang Reich pay a single fee to the German consul. With Avantasia...just off the top of my head...Sammett to Germany, Cately to England, Matos to Brazil, Lande to Sweden, etc, etc. Bands also eat the cost associated with traveling to a consul in order to complete their interviews. That's not going to happen here. If a person has to fly to the other side of the country, then airfare, etc has to be covered. And before you say, it's not that far to drive or get on the train...I had to pay for Nocturnal Rites to get to the consul because they evidently live in Bumfuck, Sweden. I can't see Jorn saying..."no problem...I'll take an extra day away from my day job."

2. Professionals- Hungry bands do shit to promote their bands. They are willing to gamble on expenses if that is what it takes to go from being Latuna Boil to Lacuna Coil in the States. As for Avantasia, nobody in the project gives a fuck other than Toby. They are not appearing live for publicity or to further the Avantasia name. They are getting *paid.* In most recent instances, it's more than what their normal bands are bringing in for their wallet (Magnum for example). They are getting guaranteed money, not a door cut or bonus. If they don't get paid, then laryngitis suddenly appears.

3. Draw- Avantasia draws 5,000+ down South. They would be lucky to get 500+ in Chicago on a weekend.

4. Logistics- The performers do not get in the van so to speak. They are not going to live on a tour bus together. They don't split a room at Motel Six. You are looking at 20+ hotel rooms alone for a single night. Don't forget the logistics in getting from the airport to the club if you fly them in like they do in SA. That's an extra $500 easy here in the States just to cart their ass 15 miles.

5. Food- Bands go to White Castle or Waffle House to eat. These folks are given a per diem to eat 3 real meals/day or chow down at the royal buffet provided for them. For shits & grins, give them $100/day each.

6. Ego- You are headlining Wacken with a HUGE production. I can't see Tobias going, "well...it wouldn't be that bad to play at a shithole like the Masquerade. Hey Kiske..."

I'd guess that Milton was rather close in his estimate of what it would take to make it work here per show. I didn't even bother to drill it down to a actual number for the fest once they started throwing logistics at me to make it work.

I still think those numbers mentioned earlier for Axel Rudi Pell are grossly exaggerated.