Axel Rudi Pell - Into The Storm

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
So far I've played the album twice on spotify and speaking as a big Pell fan, I'm a bit disappointed in this release. It sounds very similar to every other ARP album and Johnny sounds great as usual but I wasn't left with any real big memorable hooks as of yet. I was expecting better things but maybe the well's run dry a bit for Mr. Pell? I will try more and see if it improves.

I love ARP no matter what, but he needs to have more double bass burners on his newer albums like many of the early ones instead of just mid tempo song after song. I'd still kill for a Progpower appearance, though.

On the contrary, I think Gioeli is the only thing keeping any interest in ARP alive. His songs are rather ordinary. Gioeli makes at least some of them special.

I generally enjoy any fast or midtempo songs they do. The slow stuff is just painful, and often LONG.

yeah i know i love his voice and he seems to never age LOL. Just thought it might change it up and maybe Axel might write something different. Something needs to change, he seems to be stuck in neutral. This stuff is nothing like Oceans of Time or Magica.

If he does that, it should be someone REAL different, like maybe Annette Olzon.

Jorn Lande would be cool if he wanted to stay in his comfort zone. Lande's awesome on that Rainbow-type stuff that ARP loves.