AXL ROSE Pays Tribute To 'Chinese Democracy' Arranger And Orchestra Conductor PAUL BUCKMASTER

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Axl Rose has paid tribute to Paul Buckmaster, saying that he feels "very fortunate" to have met the half-British, half-Italian string arranger who died Tuesday at age 71. Buckmaster worked on orchestral arrangements for GUNS N' ROSES' 2008 studio album "Chinese Democracy", contributing to the tracks "Street Of Dreams", "There Was A Time", "Madagascar" and "Prostitute". He is also renowned for working with Elton John, THE ROLLING STONES, David Bowie and many others. In 2016, he collaborated with HEART on the "Beautiful Broken" album. The GUNS N' ROSES singer tweeted on Thursday (November 9): "Very sorry to hear of Mr. Paul Buckmaster's passing. I feel very fortunate to have met him n' have his involvement in GNR. My deepest condolences to his friends, fans n' loved ones." Buckmaster is probably best known for his work on John's early albums, where he provided the orchestral arrangements for such classic tracks as "Tiny Dancer" and "Your Song". He also teamed with THE ROLLING STONES for "Moonlight Mile" and "Sway" on the group's "Sticky Fingers" album.

Very sorry to hear of Mr. Paul Buckmaster's passing. I feel very fortunate to have met him n' have his involvement in GNR. My deepest condolences to his friends, fans n' loved ones.

— Axl Rose (@AxlRose) November 9, 2017

Continue reading...