AYREON: Transitus

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
AYREON's Upcoming Transitus Album To Be Released With 25-Page Comic Book; Sneak Peek Video Streaming

AYREON To Release Transitus Album In September; More Details Revealed; Video Trailer Posted

"....Ayreon will be releasing a brand-new sprawling and epic studio album, titled Transitus, on September 25 via Music Theories Recordings.

The album will be available on 2CD, 2LP gatefold red transparent vinyl and a 48-page Earbook which includes 5 discs; 2CD album, 1CD instrumental versions, 1CD guide vocal versions, and a DVD with bonus footage which includes a behind the scenes video, a videoclip, trailer and a 5.1 audio and hi-def stereo mix of the album.

The release will be accompanied by a 28-page graphic novel which will be included in the Earbook as well as the 2LP. The physical pre-order will launch on June 25, where digital will go live on July 16. Watch a video trailer below....

....As with any Ayreon album, it is an explosive and expansive affair and features Tommy Karevik (Kamelot) as Daniel and Cammie Gilbert (Oceans of Slumber) as Abby. The all-star cast also features Simone Simons (Epica), Dee Snider (Twisted Sister), Joe Satriani, Marty Friedman, Johanne James (Threshold), Noa Gruman (Scardust), Marcela Bovio (MaYan), Caroline Westendorp (The Charm the Fury), Paul Manzi (Arena), Michael Mills (Toehider) and Amanda Somerville (Avantasia, Trilium) amongst many others...."

ayreioncd620.jpeg

AYREON Mastermind ARJEN LUCASSEN Reveals Different Formats For New Album - "The Pre-Sales Of Transitus Are Going Through The Roof"

AYREON Mastermind ARJEN LUCASSEN Unveils Transitus Album Cover Artwork, Previews New Track "Fatum"

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2684065668540091

AYREON Mastermind ARJEN LUCASSEN Introduces New Drummer JUAN VAN EMMERLOOT; Behind-The-Scenes Video Available

Love the lineup of singers. To be honest while I appreciated the art and the effort in previous Ayreon albums, they just didn't connect for me. But the last couple have been more to my tastes, so high hopes for this one.

Not gonna screw around...this is really rather underwhelming. I don't think the writing is up to snuff and it's starting to feel like he's enjoying repeating himself a bit much. It's too long for what's being offered, imo.

It's still a solid cheese plate, but I want more than JUST gruyere from Ayreon.

Yeah, I couldn't get into it on first listen. In fact, I probably paused it a few times and went and did other things. It really wasn't holding my interest.

Meh...this has me concerned a little. I LOVE the Ayreon stuff, but my least favorite releases are the "human" based ones ...Into The Electric Castle, The Human Equation, The Theory Of Everything. I really gravitate towards the sci-fi edged releases....The Dream Sequencer, Flight of the Universal Migrator, 01011001, The Source....his Star One stuff is incredible too. I was a bit hesitant when I heard this concept...I guess I can't pass judgement until I hear it....sometime this weekend, I'm hoping!

There might be an at least listenable album in there if it was remixed removing all of the narration. Otherwise, it is just too much stupid to sit through waiting for the songs.

There might be an at least listenable album in there if it was remixed removing all of the narration. Otherwise, it is just too much stupid to sit through waiting for the songs.
I actually don't mind the narration at all. It's super cheese, and I'm pretty sure that's the point.

Listened through now a few times....I'm just not connecting with the story. Like I said before, I LOVE the Ayreon concept...well, the SCI FI concept. I really lose interest in the overtly "human" storylines. And, indeed, the cheese factor is quite high here...a bit too much "broadway theater" for me. My thoughts are that Arjen is planning on a theater run for this (well, after Covid.....blah) ....simple love story with no sci-fi elements....overly dramatic...simpler set pieces and costumes.....probably would work (for some) as a stage show. Oh well....they can't all be winners. I'll still be sticking with Arjen through thick and thin....maybe we can get another Star One release after this?

Reactions: Mardoch
I'm okay with the "human" storylines, as they still tie into the universe. Human Equation is amazing, and The Theory Of Everything is one of my favorites. Up until this release, 01011001 was my least favorite of the bunch, but I can't even get through this one in one sitting. Like someone said above, maybe a remixed version of just songs. or something. I don't even know, as I don't have any real interest in the story as written.

I'm okay with the "human" storylines, as they still tie into the universe. Human Equation is amazing, and The Theory Of Everything is one of my favorites. Up until this release, 01011001 was my least favorite of the bunch, but I can't even get through this one in one sitting. Like someone said above, maybe a remixed version of just songs. or something. I don't even know, as I don't have any real interest in the story as written.
See, I don't care as much for Human Equation and Theory (or even....gasp...Into The Electric Castle), and I LOVE 01011001 (might be my favorite behind The Dream Sequencer)....different tastes, but I completely agree with Human Equation tying into the whole universe story. I don't see it nearly as much with Theory and Transitus, and maybe that's why I don't connect with them. And there is always a whiff of cheese with Arjen's project....in a good way....but Transitus pushes that envelope quite a bit. I'm still a big Arjen fan, but Transitus has let me down a bit. Bring on Star One: Part 3!!!!