Ayreon

Yippee38

Living the dream!
Oct 8, 2002
Somewhere at 33,000'
Visit site
So what do you guys think it would take to get Arjen to PPVII? I know we're going into PPVI, but I'm listening to Into the Electric Castle, and thinking how abso-friggin-lutely cool it would be to see an Ayreon performance at PPUSA.

It would be expensive because of all the artists. Right. We know that. More sponsors. I'd fork up a chunk of change for that. I'm sure others would. Not only that, but maybe it would be possible to book some of the other bands who have musicians in Ayreon. Within Temptation comes to mind. That would bring two of the singers. Sure it would cost more because those musicians would be doing two sets.

Then there's the complexity of touring to which Arjen always refers. Well yeah. It's not like he could get up there on stage and play four instruments. Hmmm. Where could other musicians be found? Imagine Ayreon headlining the festival. Imagine musicians from all the other bands playing in various songs. How cool would that be?

I think we need to start pushing this for PPVII. We need to start pushing it now. Make a lot of noise about it. Pressure Glenn (like he needs pressure, right?). Pressure Arjen. Entice him with riches. ;)

What do you guys think?

Seriously, I would be willing to at least partially sponsor that.

It's not possible with a lot of musicians, but it is conceivable if he just brings one singer. Ian Parry is probably the best choice if he had to pick one.

I feel Damian Wilson would be the best choice; I love that guys vocal talents. I'm still pissed he left/was kicked out of Threshold. I think he is leagues ahead of Mac although Threshold still kick ass!

Yeah, Wilson would work too. Or Russel Allen or Robert Fleischmann.

Seriously, he only needs one or two guys to make it a good show. He doens't have to bring the whole ensemble.

Tobias could also easily do Avantasia with just himself and Rob Rock plus Edguy.