Ayreons new album

Fuck you, I have a right to say what I think! I did listen to the whole album and I (ME, MOI, JAG) thought that it sucked. If you dont agree go a head and say it and why you dont agree but dont fucking insult me, that just makes you look like a idiot.

Retards like you are destroying the forums and everytime you post you kill a kitten.

:lol:

Fuck you, I have a right to say what I think! I did listen to the whole album and I (ME, MOI, JAG) thought that it sucked. If you dont agree go a head and say it and why you dont agree but dont fucking insult me, that just makes you look like a idiot.

And so what if I download music? As I said in my first post in this thread I download music to see if I like it then I buy it, and if I dont like it I delete it from the computer.

Retards like you are destroying the forums and everytime you post you kill a kitten.
Post 1: December 4th, 2007, 01:24 PM

You were still downloading it then. Hadn't even listened to it yet.

Post 2: December 4th, 2007, 02:15 PM

Whoa now! 51 minutes later you were done downloading the album and listening to it. I'm no math wiz, but something's not adding up? Brain cells, maybe? This is a double album, close to two hours worth of music! How did you listen to nearly two hours of music in under an hour? Magic? Shit, I know! You must have listened to it on fast forward. Tell me, how does Jorn Lande sound as a chipmunk. Is he more like Alvin, Theodore, or Simon?

Now, tell us again how you listened to the whole thing. Who's looking like the idiot now? :rolleyes:

Post 1: December 4th, 2007, 01:24 PM

You were still downloading it then. Hadn't even listened to it yet.

Post 2: December 4th, 2007, 02:15 PM

Whoa now! 51 minutes later you were done downloading the album and listening to it. I'm no math wiz, but something's not adding up? Brain cells, maybe? This is a double album, close to two hours worth of music! How did you listen to nearly two hours of music in under an hour? Magic? Shit, I know! You must have listened to it on fast forward. Tell me, how does Jorn Lande sound as a chipmunk. Is he more like Alvin, Theodore, or Simon?

Now, tell us again how you listened to the whole thing. Who's looking like the idiot now? :rolleyes:

I had only listend to about half of the album at that point so I had got a quite good impression of the sound etc and I thought that it sucked ass and after listening to the whole album I still think it sucks. But I never claimed in the first post that I had listened to the whole album did I? Do I have to eat a whole sandwich with crap before I can say that it tastes like shit? Do I have to watch the whole "Epic Movie" to say that it sucks? Do I have to listen to the whole Paris Hilton CD to say that it sucks? No.

I'm not a stickler about the issue, but you're paying to listen to the music, regardless whether you listen to it 1 or 10,000 times. You don't go to a concert and then pay at the box office if you liked the show. It's kind of not cool to do that considering the band had entire songs available for free download.

And hey, I download too, occasionally. But I only download stuff that I intend to buy (and I do get around to doing it, my CD collection is really huge). I still consider that to be a no no on my part. There's a difference between geting a song or two from someone, but if you rip off someone's whole album and then ditch it, the least you can do is admit you ripped them off.

I mean, Dan's own position before has been that he doesn't care so long as you listen to his music, but it's always much more honest to buy their music if you intend to give an album a full listen. =)

I ripped them off? Sure you can put it that way. But I dont think so, if I had not downloaded the album I whould never have bought it so by downloading it Im giving it a chance.

And finaly karpsmom: Well I can agree that was a immature post but I get pissed off when people cant let others have their own oppinion.

But let's stop fucking around and instead talk about the album.

One thing that was realy great to hear was Jonas growling again! But to bad it was only in the background :/ But I thought it sounded good.

I pre-ordered the album as soon as it was possible... just found out two days ago that it's "available" for download.
I like it a lot, but feel it is in some ways too similar to The Human Equation.
Now that's an album I love.

But it's got some really great parts, like the piano duet in the last song. WOW!

Peace out!

A terribly overrated turdfest. :)

I agree, i like Pain Of Salvation a lot but BE seemed like an attempt on doing something new, fresh and exciting ... sadly its none of those things, just a booring trying-too-hard pseudo-intelectual ambitious piece of crap.

As for Ayreon, im eagerly waiting this new album, Human Equation was one of the best albums ive ever listened, the rest of the Ayreon stuff has highs and lows so i hope this one keeps HE's level of quality.

Didn't like it at first, only Jonas' and Hansi's performances really shone. Now, after 15 or so listens later, it's really grown on me, the only tracks I don't like is 'Connect the Dots' and 'Web of Lies', everything else has at least a few good parts :p

It also inspired my to dig out my old Blind Guardian CDs and listen to them :D :D

Not as good as The Human Equation, but not as bad as it seemed on the first listen, either.

After the first listen, I really wasn't impressed with this album. The second and third time it started getting much better, though. I understand Kenneth's dislike for it (because I actually have time to read long posts. Hooray!), but overall I find this album better than the previous one.

I had only listend to about half of the album at that point so I had got a quite good impression of the sound etc and I thought that it sucked ass and after listening to the whole album I still think it sucks. But I never claimed in the first post that I had listened to the whole album did I? Do I have to eat a whole sandwich with crap before I can say that it tastes like shit? Do I have to watch the whole "Epic Movie" to say that it sucks? Do I have to listen to the whole Paris Hilton CD to say that it sucks? No.
Music is not a sandwich. A sandwich is one thing. The equivalent to a sandwich would be one song. What you've done here—since you want to discuss it in food terms—is gone to a restaurant, had one sandwich, which you didn't like, and then declared the entire menu to be crap. Good job.

Didn't like it at first, only Jonas' and Hansi's performances really shone. Now, after 15 or so listens later, it's really grown on me, the only tracks I don't like is 'Connect the Dots' and 'Web of Lies', everything else has at least a few good parts :p

It also inspired my to dig out my old Blind Guardian CDs and listen to them :D :D

Not as good as The Human Equation, but not as bad as it seemed on the first listen, either.

How FUNNY is connect the dots? It's so corny, I cringe when I hear it, but I still enjoy it! It's poppy fun!

Haha, it's just too corny for my virgin ears *grin*

My favorite part of the album is probably the AND AS THE SMOKE SLOWLY RISES part near the end of The Fifth Extinction. Pure awesomeness.

This Steve Lee dude is a brilliant power singer too, hadn't even heard of him before but he made a great impression.

Lots of great singers on the album but my fav that really stands out is Magali Luyten. Awesome metal voice. Best female metal singer i've heard. I'm afraid she will kick Dans ass on the new Frameshift album :p

I think this album has some really great vocal performances. I would say it has some of the best, but then I remember the old Ayreon albums and I realize Arjen ALWAYS gets awesome singers!!