B.C rich recommendations

Md Player

Demons race into my eyes
Oct 31, 2004
Istanbul,Turkey
hey guys...i want to buy a new guitar which is great for metal and first i decided to buy an esp but i couldn't find it.(m-1000)So i am looking B.C rich models now can u please give me some advice on models to figure it out.(I am thinking to buy a platiniumpro warlock).I play death metal and thrash metal.

PS:It must have a Floyd rose.

Get USA Made BCRiches, I've never liked the korean ones, as they all feel a bit, well, not anywhere near as nice, and it's worth getting something good even if it is more as it'll be a keeper instead of a transitional guitar.

Md Player said:
hey guys...i want to buy a new guitar which is great for metal and first i decided to buy an esp but i couldn't find it.(m-1000)So i am looking B.C rich models now can u please give me some advice on models to figure it out.(I am thinking to buy a platiniumpro warlock).I play death metal and thrash metal.

PS:It must have a Floyd rose.

Honestly, I would stay away from BC Rich all together if I were you. I play a bronze warlock (slightly modified), and I friggen HATE it. I only play it because it's all I have, I can't afford anything else. Trust me on this...A platinum pro Warlock isn't even REMOTELY comparable to an ESP LTD M-1000. If you can help it, stay away from BC Rich. Look for an ESP LTD MH-400, and if you can't find one, check out some Jacksons. But if all else fails, you could probably just go with the Platinum Pro Warlock, but be advised, you will more than likely end up installing new pickups. Just my two cents, do what you want, just recommending stuff. :)

I've been quite happy with my emgs for metal. the 81 85 set is pretty killer. There are a lot of good duncan pups out there if you don't want active's but I haven't got a pair myself yet so I don't know what to recommend.

I think i am going to buy an esp but,i am looking B.C Rich Stealth right now(The guitar that Chuck Schuldiner used)its great i think but i couldn't find it.Do you know anything about it???(If i couldn't find it am not going to buy an B.C Rich and according to your recommendations,Stealth is the only model i liked)

thanks.... :headbang:

Korsrol said:
Yup, i just got a warlock and the pick-ups are abit wank. ;) What other pick-ups should i put in?

I have a Seymour Duncan Live Wire Heavy Metal active in the bridge position on mine... It's got a crazy ass mid-range. If you want a good, heavy, thick metal tone, EMGs are probably the way to go, but if you want that crazy ass mid-range, I'd say Duncan SH-8 Invaders (passive) or LW-HMET (Active), or maybe an SH-13 Dimebucker (also passive). You'll want to replace both neck and bridge pickups; honestly, your best bet would be to go with a pair of EMG 81s, or the ZW set (81-85).

hi. personally i love bc richs, i have the pleasure of owning two of them. i have a job as guitar tech at the lcoal music store and let me tell you that bc richs are great guitars, yes even the foreign ones. for one my platinum pro warlock is one of the best playng guitars i have played. sure its no custom shop but for a production guitar its fucking great. yeah ive done an assload of tweaking and i put in new pickups but you cant expect to get a perfect playing gutiar out of the box. buy a bc rich and put in a set of dimarzio evolutions i swear you wont be dissapointed. the other bc rich i own i just recently aquired and its a USA custom assassin. i got it off of my old guitar teacher for a great price, plays wonderful and it came stock with a set of dimarzios. personally i think bc richs are great especially with the dimarzios in them, so go for it, get a platinum pro, the most youll probably have/want to do is tweak the neck a little and replace the pups. or if you have a little more money to spend get a custom shop either used or new. one thing t note about the bc richs is most of the higher end models have floyd rose bridges which can be a pain sometimes if you dont know what youre doing. oh and on the note of the stealth, im not sure if they ever made an american production model, but i do know that you can still get them you jsut have to order them custom shop, might want to check out the jackson warrior if you want that body style. i hope i could help but really just go with whatever you want dont listen to anyone because its all personal preference

Dammm.... Its hard to choose...thanx warlockmaster i read your reply and i looked some jacksons.WR1 warrior is great but too expensive and i looked b.c rich custom shop those are awesome(especialy STEALTH:),but too expensive like $3000 os i don't know though.I'm getting bored and i want to but a guitar now so i guess i need your advices.I must get a cool guitar now because we are recording stuff so ....