BA Flight 762 bursts into flames mid-air, with me on it.

Podgie

Young Man, Old Soul
Jul 9, 2007
London, England
Hi guys, excuse the dramatic title but last Friday something pretty crazy happened to me.

I've written an article on the incident which can be found here. For those of you who are interested, it should give you a good understanding of what happened.

Please take the time to read it and feel free to share if you wish, thanks a lot guys. Hope you're all well.

Crazy dude. I know i am new here and don't really know anyone here very well but glad to hear that turned out all good in the end for you. Yikes. Nice professional interview though. You seem nice and calm. But did they help you make the show in Oslo?

The initial summary of the investigation was published few hours ago, apparently the engine door latches were left off during maintenance.

There's a good article here from The London Evening Standard about it. As you can imagine this is all very interesting for me, to say the least.

Crazy dude. I know i am new here and don't really know anyone here very well but glad to hear that turned out all good in the end for you. Yikes. Nice professional interview though. You seem nice and calm. But did they help you make the show in Oslo?

Thanks a lot man, appreciate it.

I know I may come across calm in my writing but in reality I'm actually quite effected by it (it took me a long time to put that article together haha). My doctor has deemed me unfit to work due to trauma / stress, whatever. It's only been a week though of course so it's all normal symptoms. Aches and pains from muscular tension, trembling, memories/flash backs etc.

I did make the show in Olso, but I by the time I arrived in Norway and made my way to the venue I had totally missed Overthrow's set and there was only a few songs of 'deth left.

And yeah Dave, it was clearly Dave's fault.

Oh jeez Podg, to get put in a plane with an engine faulty like that... it's good that you got away with minimal trouble, so to speak.

On a lighter note, I expected your voice to be a bit younger in the video. Guess that's out of the picture.

Honestly? I'm not alright... this event has made everything which has happened to me over the last couple of months that bit worse. Trying to turn it into a positive but... man, there's so much shit :/

Thanks though! Appreciate all your kind words, as always.

At least you're... alive? I dunno man, there's not much more positive-ness you can extract from an event like this..