Baby Swanö

paradoxile

Den Sista Ljusbäraren
Jul 20, 2004
Israel
myspace.com
Are there any baby oriented versions of Dan and/or Dag's songs?

I've been playing some white darkness not too loud for my newborn baby girl and she seems to like it-laughing and kicking. I'm affraid to play her heavier stuff.

would love a baby version of moontower

Afraid to play her heavier stuff? Why? I used to play our little girl old Anathema, Decomposed, My Dying Bride, etc.--it would just put her out instantly. She's almost two now, though, and she absolutely LOVES the third song (new world "New World Shadows") from the new Omnium Gatherum.

she's too young for heavy stuff...3 weeks old...gradually i'll put on some heavier rock
not gonna go near metal until she's crawling and her neck muscles are strong enough(to headbang that is).
she's a metal spirit. it's clear
a. she already air guitared a few times
b. she did the devil horns with her fingers a few times also
c. she loves music
d. we have a picture taken during her last sonogram where she's clearly giving us the finger so she has the attitude
e. she doesn't sleep at night...instead she goes STEEEEEEEEEEEEL!!!!!!- she got pipes

I haven't tried playing Sir Mix alot's "baby got back" to calm her down...i wonder if that would work

Oh wow congrats on the baby, homeslice!

I believe the only thing to worry about is volume. As for the baby, they incline to melody. Growling won't bother them, but you want to avoid ominous stuff, like Dissection (ominous, even though melodic).

So just keep the volume safe, and find her something nice. Amorphis seems like it would be really good, as would Nightingale / Dan solo stuff in general. I'd keep older Edge from her until her rocker blood is thicker!

Oh wow congrats on the baby, homeslice!

I believe the only thing to worry about is volume. As for the baby, they incline to melody. Growling won't bother them, but you want to avoid ominous stuff, like Dissection (ominous, even though melodic).

So just keep the volume safe, and find her something nice. Amorphis seems like it would be really good, as would Nightingale / Dan solo stuff in general. I'd keep older Edge from her until her rocker blood is thicker!

it's what i had in mind...obviously i'm not playing anything loudly
not even oriented baby stuff.Hell, she gets pissed off because the musical mobile is too loud.

idon't like dissection... i'm not going to play anything ominous anyway
not even ominous bloodvomit:worship:

p.s her name is Hannah Rose

Grattis!!! :) Yeah. I've played quite heavy stuff for all three of my kids from a very young age and they all love it (of course at a low volume). I even took the two first kids to a metal festival with Opeth, Katatonia, Bolt Thrower, etc when the older one was 3 years old and the younger one was just a few months old. Of course we stayed far in the back and they both had ear protection.

The youngest turned into a real headbanger after that:

EDIT: Although, she's no longer the youngest.

Last edited by a moderator:
p.s her name is Hannah Rose

Lovely name.

Dissection's first two albums were produced by Unisound... they're very good. Storm of the Light's Bane might be the best black metal album, ever. Even though Jon was a crazy, homophobic Nazi murderer.

I can understand if people won't listen to that band for that reason. He died a real piece of shit. Music is fucken great, though.

Lovely name.

Dissection's first two albums were produced by Unisound... they're very good. Storm of the Light's Bane might be the best black metal album, ever. Even though Jon was a crazy, homophobic Nazi murderer.

I can understand if people won't listen to that band for that reason. He died a real piece of shit. Music is fucken great, though.

thanks...it's after two of the her great grandmas

I heard some dissection stuff -don't know exactly which stuff is it because i didn't like it all that much and never took the time to find out the name of the album for that reason and the band name didn't say anything to me either.
Later I found out more about dissection, shortly before they were scheduled to arrive to israel. I boycotted the show because after some googling i found out what kind of person jon was and also didn't listen to dissection ever since for ideological reason(same with burzum by the way). Eventually the show was cancelled and shortly afterwards jon took his life.
I remember Dan wrote here after Jon's death, that Jon was a good friend that was driven crazy by all sorts of satanic shit or something of this sort.

Yeah.

It's not like he "suddenly" went bad, but he had sketchy friends (re: that piece of shit "Vlad" who he assisted in killing that Algerian homosexual just minding his own business).

My understanding is that Jon had a lot more of these people playing to his bad side after Storm's success. He got arrested not long after. I doubt the Jon that Dan knew, or that many people knew, was the same mental case that came out of jail. If I'm correct, all those show cancellations, which were not a small number, came when he revived the band after he got out of jail. They weren't same after, for sure.

But if you want to hear the guy Dan knew, produced by Dan, check out the Somberlain and Storm of the Light's Bane. They really are two of my favorite albums ever. I just see it as, say, someone who likes to read Heidegger or some shit like that.