Back from Great Britain

Red Shirt said:
Wanda, sounds like your trip was awesome. What tour company did you go with? My girlfriend and I are planning to go there in late September for about 9-10 days. I've never been there before. Looking for suggestions or recommendations from anybody out there (tour companies, places to see, etc.).

We did buy a tour book and highlighted some points of interest, but we haven't decided on hiring a tour company or renting a car (oh, that'll be an experience! :zombie: ).

Metallicat, would be fun to meet if possible.

Try Globus ~ a lot of people don't like tour companies but I think it's the way to go if you've never been somewhere before and you don't care to drive or inconvenience your friends there by having them play tour guide.

Steph Harris said:
I didn't but I heard some stories about people who have. I was told that one of the groundskeepers there had actually experienced a wall of energy going through them at a certain point in time. I suppose it's possible since the blue stones there have magnetic qualities,but who knows? No one really knows why Stonehenge was built in the first place - it's still a mystery today.

Anything is possible, I have no experience with Sonehenge, but I saw some UFO's.

Steph Harris said:
I'm sure we will. Edinburgh was awesome. I had a killer view of Edinburgh Castle, the Scott Monument, and other parts of historic Scotland from my hotel window. Have you ever went to the top of the Scott Monument? It's a little disconcerting but a thrill at the same time. I'd definitely like to see more of GB so I will be back.
W :)

I've never been up the momument (that I can remember), I think we went to the castle as part of a school trip once. I've been to the top of the Wallace momument which is in Stirling tho - kinda the same thing really. :D

Red Shirt said:
Wanda, sounds like your trip was awesome. What tour company did you go with? My girlfriend and I are planning to go there in late September for about 9-10 days. I've never been there before. Looking for suggestions or recommendations from anybody out there (tour companies, places to see, etc.).

We did buy a tour book and highlighted some points of interest, but we haven't decided on hiring a tour company or renting a car (oh, that'll be an experience! :zombie: ).

Metallicat, would be fun to meet if possible.

That would be very cool!! :D :cool:

So glad you enjoyed lil Ol England.

Just been looking around to see if the band had any dates over here.

I hate what they have done to Stone Henge, should have gone to ayelsbury (Sp?) the stones there are older and you can walk up to them and even sit on them if you want.

Hadrians wall is cool, not so far away from me, usually wet n wild up there though, quite spiritual if you catch the lighting right.

One place you should try and visit if you reach the UK again, little fishing village/town called Whitby. Its a goth haven cos Bram stoker wrote dracula there.

Well I'm off to catch up on my sleep, got back form honeymoon in Cuba not long ago and the jet lag is killing me.