Back In The Fold ...

OzzTozz

saint
Nov 30, 2004
I've been away for a long time ...

Severely let down by Crusader, after grinding down the vinyl on PATG, I didn't even bother to have a listen to Innocence ... I lost track of Saxon after that.

Two events brought me back to the fold, the headline gig at Sweden Rock 2002 (eagle and all) and more recently the Lionheart release.

What can I say, finally an album on par with the mighty Power And The Glory. Some say it's to oldschool but I'd say that Biff n the Boys have merged the classic Saxon with the new in a close to perfect way!

Welcome, Ozz!

I can understand where your coming from, so don't worry about your opinions of previous Saxon stuff. It's that which makes this Forum great fun to be invooved with!

Anyhow, I agree with you that Lionheart is brilliant - the good news is that yo have missed a few decent albums since you last lost track of the band.

If you enjoyed Lionheart, I urge you to go out and get 'Unleash The Beat', 'MetalHead' and 'Killing Groung' immediately!

I'm sure you will also appreciate the albums made a few years after the Innocnece phase = 'Dogs Of War', 'Solid Ball Of Rock' and 'Forever Free'.

Look forward to you joining in on the Forum.