Backyard babies

Peter Day

Oct 14, 2001
Ickleford. Hitchin.UK
Hey just got back home from a superb gig at the 100 Club in London.. :hotjump: :hotjump:
the Backyard babies were awesome....they played a fairly long set with many of the favs in there but also five new songs (anyone heard the new album yet? ...very very good). Crowd was up for a good time.
not overly sure that the venue was the best place for them very long but narrow, so sound was a bit strange to begin with but improved later on.
Had a chat with chris McCormick about the new Three Colours Red album they are doing which sounds interesting.
just to let everyone know the babies and Wildhearts are playing the hammersmith Palais soon...wow what a gig that'll be. Sorry can't rememebr the date and lost the flyer...DOH!

just checked on ticketmaster and they've got Wildhearts @ Hammersmith Palais listed on 19th April. Tickets went on sale this morning at a price of £15

Cheers. Although I shall only be going if the Babies are supporting, since I don't really like the Wildhearts. Hopefully it won't sell out before I find out though. Last time they played a venue in Glasgow twice the size with Amen and it sold out.

all i can say is that there was a poster (well several actually) around the 100 club advertising the Babies at the Hammersmith show, but i would have thought they would be on all if not most of these shows that the wildhearts are doing. It is far easier for them to do this, cheaper for starters as well. (that is often a complaint of foreign touring bands, they often say it is to expensive to tour over here...ah Hammerfall for starters! grrrr!)

If it was me i'd still get a ticket and then sell it if i didn't want to go to see the main band you'll probably make a profit! i wouldn't run the risk of missing the babies! difficult decision though i must say.. :erk:

oh as a besides i think Area 54 might suit playing at the 100 Club, not a terrible sound and a little bit better for viewing the band.