Backyard Mortuary - Sydney Death Metal

We are a 5 piece Death Metal band from Sydney.
Our webpage has some downloadable samples on it...
We also have a demo CD out now, which is $5 at (other bands') gigs, or $7 posted.​
Once we've finished teaching the new members the songs we will start playing live.​
If you can be bothered, email me, or sign the guestbook and let me know what you think...​
Thanks!​

Hey Hey Chris :). How's the new members going? heh heh heh I said member!
You got more copies of the demo done?? Can't wait for you to start playing live.

If anyone likes gore/death metal with a bit of Macarbe-esque humour thrown in, check these guys out.

entersix said:
Hey Chris!

If you are ready by August 30th email me. I may have a gig for you

Excellent! I would like to hope we would be ready. Teaching the new members the songs is going slowly, since we are lazy when it comes to writing out tabs (sorry somebody), but we would have to be pretty slack if we weren't ready in over 5 months, since we have all the songs already written hahaa!

You need to buy a big whip to hurry your members up, hehe. 5 months to learn songs, gee, it's too damn slow.My ex members learned 10 songs within about a month

Anyway, I'll get back to you soon re: Aug 30th show once I have few bands confirmed. Hopefully you'd ready by then

DravenMist said:
So you guys have three guitars yeh? (if i'm reading correctly)...who's the main vocalist (if there is one)...it sounds pretty good man

Thanks!
Hahaa yes, you are reading correctly, but the information is incorrect. There is only 2 guitarists (Dave and Andrew), but on the demo it was just me and Dave, and played 2nd guitar on that. I convinced Dave to let me just concentrate on vocals. I still occasionally write riffs here and there, but Dave does the majority of them.

Sorry man. I'm from the old school where you learned a song by jamming it out with the rest of the band. But if tabs work for you, so be it. Just seems like the hard way, having to sit down and write out all your riffs in notation so someone can learn it.

Todd, I already worked out the line up I want for that show, sorry.There will be no thrash metal bands as it's purely an extreme metal event but I may be doing a thrash metal special called "Burning Steel" some time in July after I come back from Argentina so I'll get back to you then

Goreripper said:
Sorry man. I'm from the old school where you learned a song by jamming it out with the rest of the band. But if tabs work for you, so be it. Just seems like the hard way, having to sit down and write out all your riffs in notation so someone can learn it.

Hahaa yeah you're right, it definately is the hard way!
I'm sure things will start moving faster once we do start jamming together (very soon).