Bad news about Pittsburgh show

jageorge72

Dec 13, 2001
Altoona, PA
Visit site
I just called Club Laga to ask a few questions......

First, the guy says doors open at 7:00, show starts at 8:00.
I thought doors opened at 6:00 show starts at 7:00????

Okay.......so I'm thinking the show will just run late. Nah......the guy says the show will probably end around 10:15/10:30!!

THAT'S NOT ENOUGH TIME!!! 3 bands in 2 1/2 hours??

No cameras.

The only good news was that there will be a coat check.

This is not looking good. :(

It sounded like he was in charge. He said there wasn't a plan to have a coat check, and I told him the high tomorrow is 9 degrees and no one wants to carry around their coat. He said he'd make sure they had one.

I don't know..........I hope everything works out okay.:(

People always say shit like that, calm down. When I went to Nile they said that Nile would be going up at like 11 or 11:30 (giving 4 other bands only about 2 1/2 hours to play). Guess what? That didn't happen, so I would NOT count on what this guy says.

I wouldn't worry too much. In Worcester, the doors opened at 7, and the first band came out around 7:40. Opeth got off the stage at 12:40AM. Five hours of music - I don't think anyone will cut anything short. You'll get your 1:40 or so of Opeth. :) Have fun!!

The doors didn't open at Jaxx in Virginia until 7 when they were supposed to open at 6:30. All the while it couldn't have been but a few degrees above freezing, and then of course an hour later you may as well be on the surface of the sun because the venue is so damned hot. But it was all well worth it, Opeth came on at about 10:30 I'd say and finished a little after midnight, you'll get your Demon of the Fall encore jageorge, have no worries. :)

This is from Laga's site...

Thurs. Jan. 23, 2003
OPETH (Metal) Paradise Lost, & Taping the Vein
Tickets: $14.00 advance & $16.00 at the door
Doors: 7:00 PM Show: 8:00 PM All Ages

From this, I'm assuming that the doors do open at 7 and the show starts at 8.

i have seen plenty of shows at laga and i don't think any headliner has ever been cut short...and this goes for a lot of five and six band bills like the enslaved show or the nile show.....they usually like to have shows done early because there are two other dance clubs in the same building but i think everything should go well and we will be able to see what we want....maybe not the full hour and a half but damn close....