Bad news over at Jackson

Seriously. I was seriously considering getting a Kelly to match my Rhoads but to do that I'd have to buy a 3000 dollar model. Fuck that shit. I need to find a new favorite guitar company. I hope it's not Ibanez. I've trash talked them for too long.

I need to get a proper tube amp before I start looking at guitars again. The Blue Voodoo is selling pretty cheep now so I'm casting around for one of those.

I'm actually looking at a blackstar, but I'm not just playing metal these days. I'm doing a lot more instrumental stuff now.

Here's the one. It's on the upper end of my price range, but we'll see. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blackstar-V...ltDomain_0&hash=item48450544e6#ht_3500wt_1345

I also want to wait until I have the date for the start of my next job. It's supposed to be several months long and include all living costs, so I'll bank everything and not have to worry about it, but I don't want to get myself into trouble in the mean time.

Blackstar can be used for anything - I don't just play death metal you know :p

That HT-100 is the same one that I own, Vermintide has one too (that's what the Vindicator albums have all been recorded with). Absolutely stunning sound, extremely versatile... seriously, I can't recommend any other tube amps. Marshalls, ENGLs, Peavys... they just pale in comparison to my ears. I'm a Blackstar whore.

I'm going to say and Orange, but they are expensive.
I've never played a Blackstar but I've only heard good things.

This guy did a load of Blackstar reviews. He doesn't play death metal ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I just had a mild heart attack. I suggested $600 for a 100W JSX model on ebay and he took it. I thought the "make offer" feature was like an email thing, so when he accepted I was like FUCK FUCK FUCK. I can afford it in the short term. it's less than 1/2 of what's in my account, but I don't know when my next job is going to start and I was seriously freaking out. NOW I can breathe.