Bad News vs Spinal Tap

Dan T

Jul 28, 2003
Visit site
A friend of mine swears that Spinal is better, and whilst there's no doubting the quality of the band getting lost backstage and Derek Smalls trapped in a coccon onstage.........to me Bad News is stupidly nearer the truth with all its 'Frilly Pink' and 'we're more than a Heavy Metal band' gags

Maybe its a British thing..........but Bad News is funnier - laughing my socks off watching it now

Dan T said:
A friend of mine swears that Spinal is better, and whilst there's no doubting the quality of the band getting lost backstage and Derek Smalls trapped in a coccon onstage.........to me Bad News is stupidly nearer the truth with all its 'Frilly Pink' and 'we're more than a Heavy Metal band' gags

Maybe its a British thing..........but Bad News is funnier - laughing my socks off watching it now

-Is that your chocolate socks perhaps?!:p

he he - chocolate socks or not.......

"it says sausages up there. Don't come here, it's a bloody rip off"

:Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

Tap all the way. I HATED Bad News. No subtlety at all.

But the best spoof metal band was "Iron Lung" from the old Pookiesnackenburger series on Channel 4 in the 80's. Not only was it the funniest but the songs were actually pretty great too :). I'd kill to get my hands on a tape of that show.

Dan T said:
he he - chocolate socks or not.......

"it says sausages up there. Don't come here, it's a bloody rip off"

:Spin: :Spin: :Spin:
he he he.....chocolate socks !! hehe.. I know you're wearing them m8!

ahh well..

To be honest I had a good luagh at BN and Bottom and the young ones are way cool, but I have to say that ST is way more fun... and better!:Spin:

btw, hey did you know that Saxon was one of the Sk "role modles" for the ST movie? ahha... so great! haha circus-pants and HM attitude!! ha ha ...

Cheers
when do we get an 'I' forum here then Dan?!!
Get a move on m8! ;)
See ya in a bit!:)

Tap is definitely cleverer - more subtle I suppose - but I do think Bad News is closer to the way it is, all the 'creative differences' and egoism is something you see a lot in bands - and their appearance at Donington is hilarious, and actually the way the Darkness are heading if they ever get a spot on the festival, as they will surely we bottled to hell before a stage invasion ends with the slitting of the singer's throat........