Badass Heavy as SHIT mix.. bu I need your opinions :D

Humidfume

Sup guys?

I'll keep it short and snappy so that I can get as many people on this as possible!

This is my best mix yet in my personal opinion, and I think it's sounding pretty damn good but there is still something "off" with it.. like the general tone isn't quite there... "there" being a well balanced "professional" mix :D

Enjoy!

And it will blow your ass open so get some dude lube...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5079813/Tracks/Grain Master.mp3

Joe x

Oh and if for any particular reason you fags need it, I have a SoundCloud version up too :D (Dropbox is superior in S.S.W.Q (Sonic Soundal Wavage Quality) in every single way! And yeah that's right.. I DID just do a bracket in a bracket... only people with a Badass badge can legally do that.). o|..|o <--- Close up of a dancing bannana :D

http://soundcloud.com/karhu/grain/s-gyHwf

These flanged guitars are trippin me out... But i like the tone... Ok so i see what you mean the guitars are missing balls and they are missing some gain in my opinion... They just need more gain and the bass needs to be more prominent in the mix & i think you will brutalize us...

There may be just a little too much mids in the guitar ton espec low mids give the bass and kick a little more room...

These flanged guitars are trippin me out... But i like the tone... Ok so i see what you mean the guitars are missing balls and they are missing some gain in my opinion... They just need more gain and the bass needs to be more prominent in the mix & i think you will brutalize us...

There may be just a little too much mids in the guitar ton espec low mids give the bass and kick a little more room...

More gain? MORE gain? Wow hahaha that's nuts! But I'll give it a bash man see if it helps out :D

I have a LOT of mid in the guitar tone, what do you think this is causing? A lack of "balls"?

Cheers man!

Joe

Holy fuck, I LOVE the bass. The guitars don't need more gain but they're slightly honky. The snare is perfect for the soft parts but sounds weird in the heavier bits.

The snare is too middy. It almost sounds like a rim click. I'm guessing it has too much 1 khz, but I could be wrong.

Also, I think what the guitar tone lacks is crunch. Rather than increasing the gain, I'd turn up the presence, or maybe boost around 8 khz. Possibly. Try it, anyway.

Ok guys I've taken your opinions and ideas on board and have updated the mix. I've tweaked the overheads down a touch as when I increased the "air" on the snare (damn right I can rhyme) the cymbals became too loud and slightly harsh to listen to. Other than that...

Any tips for just giving this mix a touch more magic? Anything in particular you guys n gals out there feel needs to be improved upon?

Cheers guys!

Joe

Good song, as I wrote in the PM I sent you I'm going to steal this song and call it my own...

I'm flattered you require a real Englushman ;) to do your dirty work for you... maybe you should quit your shitty bands, move to Englund and join mine then you'd steal all you liked.... with the exception of course that I'd get to keep it too.

x

Cut some mids on the kick, glue the master to shit with comp. ballpark.

Maybe I will.. maybe I won't... never know what to believe with you Space Backe Mountain ;)

xxx's for you too