BADLY need input on debut album mix/master!

ExDown

Oct 15, 2007
Boras
www.myspace.com
Hey guys,
So, my band "As You Drown" (death metal) just finnished the mix/mastering of our debut album and now im sitting here wondering if I did a good job on the mix or not. Everything's recorded in my home studio, then mixed/mastered in a professional studio (Studiomega) together with Christian Silver.

anyways, here the soundclick page: http://www.soundclick.com/AsYouDrown
there's only one song uploaded, so you'll probably find it easily :)

Please give me some honest input, good or bad cuz i really need to know if it holds up to other professional deathmetal recordings.

Thanks!!!

Ive got bad news...... lol, no just kidding. I think you already knew it sounded good! So I'm reinforcing this fact.

haha :) no but really,.. you get so caved in and I had the chance to bring back clips from the studio everyday to listen to at home/in my ipod etc. And right now i really don't know how it sounds to be totally honest. I know it isn't crap, but if it really is good or even great I just need to get it confirmed cuz this whole project has just fucked with my head :)

but thanks man

Sounds great to me too.

Comments on how you tracked/processed? What exactly did you guys do in the mastering?

Yes ofcourse. Not shure I remember everything though.
First of all the guitars was recorded with 5150mk2 and an ENGL v30 cab with two SM57's. For bass we used sansamp bass driver+pod. Vox are just SP b1 with a touch of DBX 166XL compressor.
Most of the drums are samples, some slate's and the toms I really don't remember.

At Studiomega the drums went through Tube-Tech SMC2B compressor. Rest is processed through SSL 6000 desk (can't remember exact model) so most of the compressors/limiters are from the SSL. Wasn't all that much mastering done since everything was processed not having to master. Think there's only +1 db and dither with L2.

I've left out a few things since I can't remember their names. But it's mostly analog stuff. // Cheeeeers