Bal-Sagoth

Jan 28, 2004
Zohar
I hope this topic hasn't been made recently but i've not seen it in the recent pages...

What do you guys think of Bal-Sagoth? They are amongst the best of the avante-garde bombastic metal bands out there, and their unique fusion of war and interstellar fantasy themed death/black metal is amazing in most every respect... I cannot wait until the release of their 6th full-length later this year or early 2005...

And for anyone who is into the amazing Power Metal outfit Dragonforce, i'm sure you know the replacement drummer for Didier Almouzni is non other than the incredible Dave "Compact Dynamo" Mackintosh himself... any thoughts/specualtions/predictions on that?

Reactions: Adam90125
Agreed... Byron is actually writing full-length novels based on his lyrical worlds... I believe he is doing one per album to better explain the storylinbes... I am not certain about the progress of his graphic novles, but i'm waiting for all of these anxiously

I really like their first three albums (and especially "Starfire Burning..."), but they made little progress with their latest two. I hope the announced 6th one will bring some new developments, because I feel I don't really need another CD with the exact same sound.

A Black Moon isn't lame in my mind, but it is defintely not their best by any means... as they progress, they get better... I hope album six does the same!

Yes... I have never been able to see them live, as they neverp lay, and have never played in the U.S.... And it does not look like thye ever will at this rate... I have heard rumors the 6th album may be the final one... can anyone confirm this?

Bal-Sagoth is awesome! A while ago I was wondering if I was the only one who liked them, because everyone else that had heard them just laughed! I do agree with that they are really cheesy, but I love them anyway! They are just great!