Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Accident of Birth

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • The Chemical Wedding

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

Blitzkrieg

Master Exploder
I have been in a big Maiden/Dickinson mood lately, and I dug out "Balls To Picasso" this morning to give it a listen. As soon as it started playing, I remembered why I never gave this album much of a listen. The production is shithouse. It is full of great material, but the album just sucks to listen to. On The other hand, I think "Live At The Marquee" is an awesome live album, and really showcases how good the songs really are, when played properly.
The vocals on 'Balls..' are bland, and just plain shit, the guitar sound is thin and weak, and EVERY song is played too slow. On 'Live at The Marquee' however, the vocals are great (classic Dickinson), the guitars have more balls, and the songs are played faster, and just sound better.

Makes ya wonder, if Roy Z had of produced 'Balls..' would it have made a bigger impact? Me thinks so. :)

"Live At The Marquee" is such a good live album though. It sounds great, isn't too polished, but isn't too raw, has a loud crowd and talking in between songs to give it the 'live album' feel, and the songs rock! :D

I was also inspired by Sydo to post a poll, so here it is, a poll just for the hell of it. :D

I think Roy Z did produce BTP didnt he? :confused:

Anyway, Bruce said in an interview he talked to Roy about it and Roy said if he ever had time he would do the guitars for free if he rerecorded it (Bruce said "imagine the Chemical Wedding guitars on Cyclops" which sounded awesome to me!)

Didn't Shay Baby produce it?

Spawny, have you organised to have the *wink-wink* of *nod-nods* sent to you yet, as we spoke about earlier? :)

Hmm, stupid me then :)

Well, they should rerecord it I say! While they do another solo album for Brucey of course :D

Spiffy: Nope, but once I finished eating I shall *enjoying pizza as I type* :)

Balls To Picasso was produced by Chris Taranengoaigosdgndfjhokdfngs - the guy who's been working with Priest since Painkiller.

The album itself is full of some really great songs, but for whatever reason, they simply didn't work in the studio.

I don't think Bruce wanted it to sound heavy at all. After Balls, he went and did Skunkworks.. so that sort of explains the mood he was in at the time. 'Disenchanted with the whole metal scene', or something like that.

But he said he wants to go back and redo them now one day!

Who the F**K keeps voting for Skunkworks? Nutters......

Originally posted by Sydo
Balls To Picasso was produced by Chris Taranengoaigosdgndfjhokdfngs - the guy who's been working with Priest since Painkiller.

Where did you get *that* from? Chris Tsangarides didn't produce it, Shay Baby did.

I voted for Skunkworks, btw!

Originally posted by Spiff
Where did you get *that* from? Chris Tsangarides didn't produce it, Shay Baby did.

I just checked, and you're right. I have no idea why I thought it was Chris Tsnaagklsdj.. has he ever worked with Bruce? (Or have I just lost my mind?)

Originally posted by Sydo

I just checked, and you're right. I have no idea why I thought it was Chris Tsnaagklsdj.. has he ever worked with Bruce? (Or have I just lost my mind?)

Dunno :) Sorry if I sounded rude, I just spend a lot of time on a movie forum during the day and everyone's rude there - seems like I sort of carried it over :)

Just who the hell is 'Baby Shay' anyway? :confused:
Sounds like Puff Daddy's love child or something..

np - Rudeness is unfortunately human.