Band Rehearsal Space??

NFMetalLegion

Dec 11, 2001
NF, Canada
Since we have a few posters here who are actually in bands.... do you know of any rehearsal spaces for rent? We currently rent a spot and it's not cheap at all. I was wondering if there are any available and affordable alternatives out there - what the cost is, and who I can call to check it out?!!

Thanks!

What if more bands got together to share the cost of a
good jam space? A long time ago there was a cheap place on
Henry Street which some bands used for jamming, but I think
it has long since decayed to the point of being unusable.

I'm interested in sharing the cost of a good jam space,
with the stipulation that everyone sharing the cost agrees
for accountability for the place -- that is, I want it to
be a place I can leave my amps and know that they won't be
stolen or damaged.

The locations I currently jam are all residential, so there
are problems with playing past 11pm. Surely there are enough
bands in the same situation who would be interested in
renting space like this?

Comments?

jam spaces are hard to find...that one on henry st. is out of the question...totally run down. but ive always wondered about the upper floors of the buildings around calios. theres a lot of space that probably isnt even being used. i know slag jams above calios but theres got to be other places available.
under doolies is gone and pleasant ville is jam packed.
the eternal struggle....

Plesantville is pretty decrepit too... I wouldn't be surprised if that whole place went up in flames one of these days.

I've thought of that (the upstairs-in-the-buildings-around-Calio's thing) before too. Hell, I'd say there's a lot of free space around Water/Duckworth St.

Sharing jam spots is a good idea... if you can be sure it's safe, and if you don't mind being unable to jam sometimes because somebody else is already jamming there.