Band suggestions

Aikay

Metal noob
Sep 14, 2007
Hey guys i'm fairly new to metal music and i'd like to have some band suggestions, because I really don't know where to start looking first. The bands I really like are:

Therion
Rhapsody of fire
Helloween

And I also have some songs from:

Blind guardian
Drowning pool
Dragonforce
Epica
Nightwish
Within Temptation

Oh and I also have this one song from Disturbed "Meaning of life" that I really like. If you have any suggestions of good bands that aren't really like these ones then go on i'm open to new styles of metal.

Iron Maiden

Try these Iron Maiden albums in just about any order:

Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Killers and Iron Maiden (self titled) also rule and are my two favorites, but have rougher vocals and a more raw sound. Based on what you like, you would probably like the Bruce Dickinson years best.

Gamma Ray, formed by the original vocalist/founder of Helloween, Kai Hansen. Check the albums Somewhere Out in Space & Land of the Free when Kai took over on vox from Ralf Scheepers - who can now be found in the band Primal Fear.

Behemoth, Nile, Belphegor, Hate Eternal, Nalgfar, and Akercocke are some pretty sweet bands you might wanna check out.

Behemoth, Nile, Belphegor, Hate Eternal, Nalgfar, and Akercocke are some pretty sweet bands you might wanna check out.

Iron Maiden

Try these Iron Maiden albums in just about any order:

Number of the Beast
Piece of Mind
Powerslave
Somewhere in Time
Seventh Son of a Seventh Son

Killers and Iron Maiden (self titled) also rule and are my two favorites, but have rougher vocals and a more raw sound. Based on what you like, you would probably like the Bruce Dickinson years best.

:kickass:

and Aikay, try to listen to some nwobhm bands too, like:

saxon
thor
oz
angel witch
demon

and some hard rock bands:

nitro
whitesnake
lizzy borden
loudness
wasp
warrant

If you like Drowning Pool, you'll definantly like FEFF, thought they aren't Metal... More Hard Rock. You'll also probably like Paradise Lost if you like Helloween... I haven't heard enough of the other bands to make any other good advice points...

in bold fucking letters BAND RECOMMENDATION FORUM
~gR~
Remember... This guy will be able to vote at somepoint...

I joke.

Everyone was new here once, and it was a simple mistake to make, and no-one got hurt... So it's all fine.