Bands I recorded, mixed or mastered

I believe Dan is doing fine financially speaking =) He just doesn't have to go all *bling* *bling* to show off like some idiot rappers do (thank god for that).

Impressive list!

Hmm. I did not know that Mr. Swanö shuns the decadent trappings of the lifestyles of the rich and shameless. That's a plus in my book.

Learn something new every day. :)

Rich artists sell a lot more CD's of one album than Dan has with all of those...

yes, sadly :erk:
Why the world needs 7 million copies of Jennifer Lopez / Jay Z-records I can´t grasp.

Several years ago in an interview was debated about how much was sold of the main projects, and if I remember correctly, EOS alone sold more than everything else, including NG.
Many things of this list are very rare releases, that you can get once in a while on ebay, it´s not on no. 27 at amazon or such. Other projects were (thank you!) released in the net, like on Dan´s megapage. Also note that one list begins with "Bands that rehearsed at least once / bands documented on cassette", so that´s pure one/off-projects for music´s sake, not the billboard-charts.
Artistically it is an incredible list *worship*, but financially I think most comes from Edge Of Sanity and the enormous amount of studiowork.

EDIT: I read in a Children Of Bodom-interview, that Peter T has it in his contracts to get a percentage of each CD he worked on. So it was for COB´s "Follow The Reaper", and a good chunk of money went into the direction of Sweden, since it sold pretty good (It was also the reason why COB didn´t want to repeat this again, even though Tägtgren´s work was of course excellent). Peter T recorded / produced a lot of stuff, so if that part was in each contract, he got good income from it.

yes, then we can buy a reissue of When All Is Said one year from now with extra pictures in the booklet and a bonus dvd :D

The definite EoS collection! No wait, there will be another one next year hehe.

*LOL*
Roadrunner has 99% NuMetal-kind of bands. Those who weren´t before became so after a while :(
btw, Nuclear Blast is grand on the "re-release (six months later! to get in the charts again...) with one bonus track and golden sticker"-sector, too. Or they release five different versions of a single (Nightwish, anyone)

Black Mark has been good to Dan, but he really does need to get on a label that will make him and the boys the money they truely deserve.

Black Mark has been good to Dan, but he really does need to get on a label that will make him and the boys the money they truely deserve.

They have been good on the aspect of creative freedom and letting Dan play/write/produce/mix/whatever for other labels.
but they haven't financed his tours and they are not exactly promoting their releases which results in low sales...or maybe it's a shitty contract Dan that has with BlackMark.

When I think of it...if Bloodbath would have been active(and haven't fired Dan av corpse) and Dan would start touring...I think from Bloodbath alone Dan could have made a decent contribution to his bank account

I may exagurate but I think a future Bloodbath album would have had a potential to sell better than The great cold distance...
a. If Bloodbath toured, the word would spread=> more shows= more money and guarantees a future to the band which is more albums/dvd's and even more touring= a lot more money
b. It's Century Media who as I hear pay their signed bands decently

Oh yeah, poor Dan... has appeared on so many albums you can't fit their names on a sheet of paper... been involved with the creation of so many more... has a very dedicated fanbase who appreciate so much of what he does...

Weep for him because he didn't get his creativity caught up in the industry machine.

Someone should make something like a MTV Icon thing for Dan...but one without all the stupid commerialism of MTV and with real åsomeness...

You'll have some bands like Project Hate, Novembers Doom, Eden's Fall, Another Life, Opeth and Hypocricy covering Dan's songs and for desert, Nightingale would play 2-3 songs.

Someone should make something like a MTV Icon thing for Dan...but one without all the stupid commerialism of MTV and with real åsomeness...

You'll have some bands like Project Hate, Novembers Doom, Eden's Fall, Another Life, Opeth and Hypocricy covering Dan's songs and for desert, Nightingale would play 2-3 songs.

I like this idea, but who would do it, Music stations that is?

Still waiting for one of us to win the lottery so we can have all our Dan dreams come true!

it would be a katatonia-opeth-nightingale-steel-diabolical masquerade-bloodbath-sorskogen gig, with crimson for dessert :D