Bands like Gaza?

SomeGuyDude

My name is sorrow.
Apr 26, 2011
I've been on a MONSTROUS Gaza kick lately, and for the life of me I can't find anyone that has this sound to them. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to know also, but I think that Gaza album is pretty much in a league of its own.

Closest sound I can think of is maybe some early Norma Jean:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCQsSt0HHHk&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonically there are similarities, but I'm pretty sure Gaza and Norma Jean won't ever quite see eye to eye in terms of lyrical content, haha.

It's bugging the shit out of me though, because I spin HINCB pretty much daily lately, and would love to find more like it.

There really isnt anything like it I've ever found either. The dirtier sound of sludge (ie no post sludge) can come close time to time.... but that metalcore edge really changes it to something I really dont think exists outside the band themselves.

The only recommendation I have is
Armed for Apocalypse - Defeat
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNNT01HmU2Q&feature=related[/ame]

Well now that I'm thinking about it, maybe you should check out The Abominable Iron Sloth if you havent already. The Id Will Overcome should be a good start there. They definitely do those short bursts of nasty sludge.

EXCELLENT suggestions, my man. I'm liking both of them. They aren't quite the same, but will certainly be getting money from me.

Really says something about Gaza that they have SUCH a unique sound despite not really seeming to be going out of their way to be "progressive" or anything, doesn't it?

Yeah I've been spinning Armed for Apocalypse pretty nonstop since Krow suggested it. The album is fucking nasty front to back (except the hidden track, but hey, it's a hidden track).

I like on a MONSTROUS Gaza kick lately, and for the life of me I can't find anyone that has this sound to them. The songs of all band is very nice and fantastic.