Bands looking to tour have to see this

HeadCrusher

Mar 20, 2002
Visit site
Hey guys,

Full disclaimer right ahead: This is a somewhat promotional post (I work for the website mentioned below) but I wouldn't present this to you if I wouldn't believe in it's potential.

Alright, here we go…

What if you knew exactly in which cities there is a demand for your band?

At Stagelink we've developed an online service that lets fans demand their favorite band to play in their city. Every time someone demands a band it shows up on a map immediately giving you a visual overview of where you should tour. Furthermore you can also start selling tickets for the cities that are in high demand. That way it's much easier to approach a promoter since you can show them that you have already sold some tickets for their city.

It takes five minutes at most to set up a profile and it's totally free to use the site.
Since a lot of bands these days do a good job communicating with their fans on Social Media this is really the state of the art way to plan upcoming tours IMO.

Our very own Ola Englund joined with his band Feared a couple of days ago. Check out his profile (and demand Feared in your city while you're at it): https://www.stagelink.de/feared?locale=en

Let me know what you think of the system and what I can help you with. Here's the link again: https://www.stagelink.de/welcome/index?locale=en

Seems like a cool idea with great potential!

The website I didn't care much for tbh, though.
Why isn't the default language english, instead of german? (or is it just my browser)

You mean the design? What didn't you like about it? It doesn't scream METAL right at your face, tru dat, but it's supposed to helpful to bands in any genre, so… :)

Hm, that's strange, which link did you click? Probably the Feared one? On the other two I made sure it sends you to the English homepage and I'm fixing the one for Feared right now. :)

Yes the design. The font and photos are all a little too big as well as the assault on colors (just imo of course).
Don't really know if this type of service is already usual, but a .com domain and plain English would make it look more 'official' or international, if you get my meaning.

Also, some 'share (this site) with your friends on Facebook' banner on top could be nice, I think.

Cheers

Good points, thanks. .de is certainly "official" here in Europe. Surprised to hear that it doesn't seem to be in the US?

What about the idea itself? Would you sign up your band (or demand Feared or someone else)?

I agree with the .com comment. If you want to go outside of Germany, you shouldn't use a .de domain.

Also: what's with the teaser video? It looks nice but says absolutely nothing. I think it's very important to have a short 1-2 min video with animations and explanations as to how EXACTLY the site works and what it does. People these days want to know beforehand if they'll be wasting 5 minutes of their "valuable" time on your site or not. If you can't remove the doubt of "what if this is just crap", people won't sign up.

Regarding the service: I demanded feared and I generally like the idea. Unfortunately "fans" in my genre are very few and a lot of them are self-entitled youngsters who don't care for gigs, so my incentive for signing up is small ...

Awesome, first request from Hamburg for Feared. :)

Thanks for the feedback as well. .com leeds back to .de. Will have that fixed so that it points to the English version asap.
Agreed on the video as well. Maybe we can put some animated text that explains the concept quickly over the existing images.
What you said about your genre was interesting. I thought there'd be a great deal of involvement?

You need to spread through the FB thing if you really want to make your site grow.

What about the idea itself? Would you sign up your band?

Yeah I would.. just give me 50 more years to finish up some songs and then get a band together :lol::lol:

Haha, yeah, I hear you. :D
In our case the real growth comes from bands that can get enough of their fans to vote. 10.000 to 30.000 fans on FB totally makes sense for this kind of stuff.

What you said about your genre was interesting. I thought there'd be a great deal of involvement?

Nope. Not at all. People are either 30+ and only care for the bands that they liked when they were 15-20 years old or they are younger than 25 and care mostly about spending money on scene-clothing. People are also more fucked up and more apathetic than in other scenes. Metal is still where it's at, fan-involvement wise.

Interesting. I always thought you are doing quite well with your live shows. Why do you keep doing this kind of genre if it's not as good as it looks?

No, I am doing alright (as I am in the middle tier by now, so I can tour worldwide). Still the 5-10 big bands draw 1000-2000 people per show, which is not much in comparison to other genres.

Also: I like the music. I don't believe in playing music you don't really like. Especially not because it takes too much time to get anywhere and there'll always be shows like "20 people in Detroit on a Tuesday (where Glenn Fricker saw us).

And: not having stupid musicians in your band is great :)

I like the idea, signed up my band, I might talk the guys in my other band to signing that one up too, just to see how it goes. I also demanded Feared in my city, but I doubt there'll be more people in my city demanding it hahaha maybe when demanding bands, apart from how much you'd pay, there could be an option of how far you'd go? Like, there are hardly any good concerts in my city, but I always go to Santiago or Even Porto or Braga (in Portugal) which are near enough for a car ride. Like maybe setting approximately how many kilometers you would go for that band? For Feared I'd go probably as far as 75Km, but for a band like Leprous I happily took a 200Km drive to see them. It could open up possibilities for demands in an area, the band could find the most "central" point where people would go.

Hey Dan, thanks for the suggestion. Good idea actually. Right now we are letting people know about a show that happens within 100 km of their "Demand-City". What's your band called?

Hey Dan, thanks for the suggestion. Good idea actually. Right now we are letting people know about a show that happens within 100 km of their "Demand-City". What's your band called?

100 Km is quite reasonable, most "adults" could work with that I guess, I know I can, if it's a weekend or holiday, or a day I leave work early.

My band's name is Ad Intra