bands similar to Anathema and Antimatter?

Of the above mentioned I have to protest against Katatonia, though I like them, and certainly Porcupine Tree, I find them so boring, save a few songs. But hey, only my opinion.

The only band that ever got me really thinking Antimatter is Stille Opprør from the Karmakosmetrix promosampler, I liked them very much, anyone have the album? I've searched for it, with no luck this far.

I guess I'll state the obvious and admitted influences, Jeff Buckley, Nick Drake and Roger Watters (solo stuff as well).

Another band that's sort of related is Sigur Ros.

No one care to enlighten me about Stille Opprør? Don't want to start a whole new thread about it.

if i do understand much of these similarities mentioned in this thread, then the deftones, nirvana and u2 are similar too

lol @mariner u know, when A Fine Day To Exit came out, I think Hammer Magazine wrote in a Studio report that it sounds like U2.... :Smug:

anyway, the bands mentioned arent really similar I think, as I said only the atmosphere maybe... I would only agree with Allan about the Jeff Buckley thingie, Pink Floyd could be as well, but its more of an inspiration I would say :) anyway, I dont like really to compare some bands to others :erk:

yeah its inspiration. people should know already that theyre doing their own stuff.
antimatter<--->portishead is often made cause there isnt much more of namedropping available. i think.