Bands that have been asked to play ProgPower

YtseJammer

Mar 22, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
Out of curiousity, what bands have been asked to play this event over the last few years..and declined for one reason or another (Not interested, didn't fit into their schedule, etc..)?

Jim is correct with all of those names. In addition, I have contacted Fates Warning, Iced Earth, & Shaman ( all were for 2.0).

Opeth was my only strike out this time around.

Glenn H.

Weren't Rhapsody asked as well?

I never spoke with them officially or made them an offer. I was told up front by their management that it would be very expensive and very difficult to arrange at the moment, but they were willing to present the idea to them.

I dropped the idea in a hurry as I booked Gamma Ray that same week.

Glenn H.

Damn, that would have been awesome!!! There was no shot this year with Angra being booked as I assume there is no love lost between the guys! Glenn, I'm glad the event is nearly sold out. That is the least you deserve for putting this thing together every year.

My 1 and only request for 4.0 is LABYRINTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Labyrinth had Neil Kernon produce their last album. Olaf Thorsen didn't like the mix so he chucked it and redid it himself. He then printed in the liner notes of Sons of Thunder:

Mixed By Neil Kernon
Completely Remixed by Olaf Thorsen

Or something to that effect. Basically treated him like crap. I've heard both mixes and believe me NK's is light years better. Theres a bit more to it, but thats the short short version. But that being said, NK is a friend of several folks involves in ProgPower and out of respect for him, I would be suprised to see any band Olaf Thorsen is involved in play ProgPower. If I had any input in the matter (and I don't) I'd say the same thing too.

Jim in DC

Originally posted by Locust0311
Well, Labyrinth had Neil Kernon produce their last album. Olaf Thorsen didn't like the mix so he chucked it and redid it himself. He then printed in the liner notes of Sons of Thunder:

Mixed By Neil Kernon
Completely Remixed by Olaf Thorsen

Or something to that effect. Basically treated him like crap. I've heard both mixes and believe me NK's is light years better. Theres a bit more to it, but thats the short short version. But that being said, NK is a friend of several folks involves in ProgPower and out of respect for him, I would be suprised to see any band Olaf Thorsen is involved in play ProgPower. If I had any input in the matter (and I don't) I'd say the same thing too.

Jim in DC

That's a shame. If there was one band I wanted to see (not included on this year's roster), it was DEFINITELY Labyrinth. Sonata Arctica a close second.

Well if there is no shot at Labyrinth, I guess we could go with Empty Tremor, Highlord, Stramonio, Tad Morose, Stigmata, Valley's Eve, Time Machine, etc... I think i have a few more I could come up with that would be more than satisfying

Originally posted by nightwish58
Well if there is no shot at Labyrinth, I guess we could go with Empty Tremor, Highlord, Stramonio, Tad Morose, Stigmata, Valley's Eve, Time Machine, etc... I think i have a few more I could come up with that would be more than satisfying

I really want to see Labyrinth too!!! i want to hear Rob's songs live, they haven't been here in Japan yet. i'll fly again next year also if they play..they started to make demo for the new album a couple of weeks ago.. maybe it would be the best timing for the next release? crossing my little fingers...

and wow it's nice to see Highlord's name here. i just finished the translation of their lyrics for the japanese label. :)
their 3rd album BREATH OF ETERNITY is going to be released here on 21 Aug. the vocalist has changed to Andrea (Desdemona) so the total impression is little bit different from the previous albums, but i like it!

I don't care how cheesy and overrated people say Rhapsody is I still want to see them.I would pay the same I'm paying to go to Progpower this year just to see them by themselves.Oh well I guess I'm just gonna have to go to Europe to see them.

Oooohh Sonata Arctica and Tunnelvision are the only other bands I'd rather see than Labyrinth.. well maybe Kamelot and Raddaka, too *chuckles*

Too bad about that stuff with Neil Kernon :-\

For PorgPower 4.0 I would love to see (one or more of the following bands):
Rage
Grave Digger
Stratovarius
Children of Bodom
Nightwish
Dark Moor
Lost Horizon
Brainstorm
Metalium
Nevermore
Vanden Plas
Eldritch
Elegy
Nocturnal Rites
etc.............

Originally posted by Shadowdance
I don't care how cheesy and overrated people say Rhapsody is I still want to see them.I would pay the same I'm paying to go to Progpower this year just to see them by themselves.Oh well I guess I'm just gonna have to go to Europe to see them.

:headbang:

Originally posted by alexofbodom
For PorgPower 4.0 I would love to see (one or more of the following bands):
Rage
Grave Digger
Stratovarius
Children of Bodom
Nightwish
Dark Moor
Lost Horizon
Brainstorm
Metalium
Nevermore
Vanden Plas
Eldritch
Elegy
Nocturnal Rites
etc.............

Sun Caged would love to play PP USA too (we're playing ProgPower Europe this year).
We just released our latest promo-cd which got extremely positive responses from record labels. We're currently in the middle of negotiations with labels and it looks like we'll be signed very soon :)

We're playin with Nocturnal Rites on August 1st by the way (in Holland).

Originally posted by JayDubya
and Freak Kitchen..........................
I'm keep tellin ya's, they'd be a great fit for a festival like this......

JW

I'll second that!!! Bring on Freak Kitchen!!!