Bangor Show

hootchietoad

New Metal Member
Mar 18, 2003
www.hootchietoad.com
The show in Bangor was great, the band was tight, the sound was super and the attendance was respectable (considering the last time I saw them was in Boston at Mama Kin's and there were about the same amount in attendance...and Boston's has a few more folk than Bangor.)

The setlist was similar to the Canuck shows, though they did surprise me with a cover of AC/DC's "Whole Lotta Rosie" which kicked ass.

My only complaint, and it's legitimate I think, though some lifers here may disagree, is the inclusion of "Be All End All" & "Belly Of The Beast" in the set. Besides being questionable choices, they also succeeded in killing the flow of the show, cause most people didn't know them immediately if at all. I've been a fan since 1988, got into them because Belladonna was much easier on the ears than Hetfield, Araya or Mustaine. However, it's been a decade since Joey was in the band. I realize the past shouldn't be forgotten. But we got "Got The Time", "Antisocial", "NFL", "Caught In A Mosh" "Madhouse", and hell, even "Metal Thrashing Mad." I guess I just have a problem with including album cuts from a Belladonna record when we get nothing from Stomp, and 1 tune from Vol 8. Why not play "Crush"? "Fueled"? At least they're Bush tunes. I could easily pick a half dozen Bush tunes to go with. And why the hell aren't they playing "Cadillac Rock Box" & "Taking The Music Back"?

Oh well, I know I'll get shit from someone.

Reactions: bRaTpRiNcEsS
I think "Be All, End All" and "Belly of the Beast" are probably meant to be something special for the more dedicated fans. Also, I don't think the band really looks at the records as being Joey or John records. That's not to say they don't know which ones are which, but it's all Anthrax. And it all kicks ass with John singing it.

Hootchietoad raises a good point - when are they going to play TAKING THE MUSIC BACK live??? The whole tour is named the TTMB tour and its their newest single. Weird.

jdelpi said:
I think "Be All, End All" and "Belly of the Beast" are probably meant to be something special for the more dedicated fans. Also, I don't think the band really looks at the records as being Joey or John records. That's not to say they don't know which ones are which, but it's all Anthrax. And it all kicks ass with John singing it.

I understand your point, though I think "dedicated" is the wrong descriptive term. I would say an Anthrax fan is dedicated, at this point, if they also have Stomp 442, Volume 8 or We've Come For You All. Playing tunes from Persistence Of Time or State Of Euphoria isn't that much of a risk, since they are two of Anthrax's biggest selling albums. Maybe a better term would be long time fan, but not neccessarily dedicated.

Being an old fart I would love to see Be All End All live and something from stomp!!! John is the bomb and I saw him with Armored Saint too but Anthrax kicked ass when Joey was on his game too!!