"Barcode Eyes" Melodic Hardcore (SD2.0, POD HD)

Bring the hats down lower in the mix and take some of the highs out of them (I'm not great with freq but i think its somewhere around 1-2kHz where the harshness is). Maybe even consider a different sample because they are really obnoxious.

You could also spend some time working with comp and eq on the kick/snare and drum buss to make it pop a bit more. A really crushed room mic helps a lot for drum sounds in this genre.

Bring the hats down lower in the mix and take some of the highs out of them (I'm not great with freq but i think its somewhere around 1-2kHz where the harshness is). Maybe even consider a different sample because they are really obnoxious.

You could also spend some time working with comp and eq on the kick/snare and drum buss to make it pop a bit more. A really crushed room mic helps a lot for drum sounds in this genre.

Thanks man, I 'll try those things on the drums. What do you mean by crushed room mic?

Do you think these hats sound better dude?

https://soundcloud.com/craig-schmidt-1/barcode-eyes-1

for sure, much better than I recall. Still alot of room for improvement but its a step in the right direction.

By "crushed room mic" I meant a heavily compressed/limited room mic sound. Not sure what drum vsti you are using but most have the ability to simulate a room mic. Obviously this technique works better with real drums though.