Baretta Special tuners.

GeorgeStevens

New Metal Member
May 6, 2021
Hi guys!
New to the board. I just purchased a Baretta special after taking almost a decade off of playing. I think its a good guitar for the price and I love the styling. However, I am curious if anyone else has god awful tuning machines like I do. This is actually my second copy as the first one had some shipping damage and on both guitars the tuners were just awful. Lots of slipping and dead space (turn the peg 1/4 to 3/4 of a turn before any tuning change!). Did anyone else have this issue? I understand the "you get what you pay for" mentality when going for a $180 guitar, but I have had budget guitars in the past that have had tuners that were far better than these. These might be the worst tuners I've ever had on a guitar. I called Gibson and they offered to send me replacements....which seems pointless if I get the same garbage tuners. Thinking about swapping them to wilkinsons. Just curious if this is common for everyone else.
Many thanks

welcome.. I have this same issue but it's with my first Jackson guitar. It was a $199. dollar guitar. My later guitars which cost more haven't had that problem. Back to the issue I love that guitar so I have just put up with the problem. I don't play that guitar that much.

Looks like the model is at fault. Maybe I should look for another better lolbeans model. The price is a bit high but it looks like you will find a better guitar