ESP LTD MH-1000ET EverTune Electric Guitar Issue

Right, so set it up so your "default" locked tuning mode is at the top end of zone 2 so that when you do move it to zone 3 to bend it's not knocking your guitar out of tune by the full 10c of the range but rather 1c since you're at the top.

Right, so set it up so your "default" locked tuning mode is at the top end of zone 2 so that when you do move it to zone 3 to bend it's not knocking your guitar out of tune by the full 10c of the range but rather 1c since you're at the top.

Exactly. I suggest try out how much buffer you really need to prevent your strings from going sharp when playing and setting your strings up closer to zone 3, so you can easily bend when needed but still have enough buffer in case you're pulling stings sharp, fretting notes to hard or use heavy picking.

damn, thought it was normal, guess i was wrong... if I don't touch the tuning pegs it stays fine, but when I move them (without going out of zone 2 obviously) it always goes off a few cents then I have to tune in the bridge again

Well just got off the phone with ESP and of course he said that it was not supposed to act that way. He did not seem surprised and said there seems to still be some confusion among techs out there with the bridge installation. I'm going to ship it to them to fix for me for free since it's still on warranty (just bought it a couple weeks ago). I think this is a better alternative to exchanging it for a new one because the new one would probably still have the same problem after reading other peoples experiences. Hopefully it'll all get taken care of and I get a guitar that works the way it should. $1050.00 USD isn't cheap! I'll post an update for you guys. Hopefully this brings some awareness to this issue. Sucks for those who bought one and no longer have a valid warranty.

Well just got off the phone with ESP and of course he said that it was not supposed to act that way. He did not seem surprised and said there seems to still be some confusion among techs out there with the bridge installation. I'm going to ship it to them to fix for me for free since it's still on warranty (just bought it a couple weeks ago). I think this is a better alternative to exchanging it for a new one because the new one would probably still have the same problem after reading other peoples experiences. Hopefully it'll all get taken care of and I get a guitar that works the way it should. $1050.00 USD isn't cheap! I'll post an update for you guys. Hopefully this brings some awareness to this issue. Sucks for those who bought one and no longer have a valid warranty.

Please do post an update,thanks man;)

Well thanks for the replies everyone. I've decided to just return it for my money back and not go with Evertune. I contacted ESP and they said I could ship it to them to fix but I have to pay for the shipping one way which is all the way in CA (I'm in CT) so it won't exactly be cheap which I don't think is fair. No point in exchanging it since there are no gaurantees that the new one will be any better.
I wanted the guitar to be able to record without retuning all the time and if I have to do that anyways whenever I want to adjust the tension on the strings (to make bending possible/not possible) then for me it defeats the purpose of having one. The guitar also had fret buzz even after being set up by a tech which leads me to believe the frets arn't leveled and the knobs were a little crooked for the tone/volume controls. The G B and E strings sounded kind of strange almost banjo like (especially the G string) that came through the amp as well.
The Evertune bridge was the biggest issue for me though and if that works properly then I probably would have still kept the guitar. Maybe in the future once they get the installs better on the Evertune bridge I'll go back but not now.

well it's just in this thread alone there are a few guys saying they have the same issue plus the fact that the evertune guy said there is a "production tolerance" which leads me to believe I'll likely have the same problem on another one.

well it's just in this thread alone there are a few guys saying they have the same issue plus the fact that the evertune guy said there is a "production tolerance" which leads me to believe I'll likely have the same problem on another one.

but you DO see that this is an ESP/LTD and NOT an ET problem right?

even if you have to re-tune slightly when going from "no bend" to "bend" mode it's still way easier to work with
than with a standard bridge guitar...

doesn't matter to me because those are the only guitars I'd want to buy with an Evertune bridge already installed. It's way too expensive to have one of my other guitars fitted with an Evertune bridge. Also it is partially Evertune because I read about a guy who had one fitted into a guitar and he had the same problem. It seems to be a bit difficult to install correctly after hearing all these issues. Of course there were other issues as well that were 100% ESP's fault. The guitar had fret buzz and the knobs were a little crooked. I'm pretty picky when it comes to guitars over the $1000.00 range.

Yeah, sounds like you were on the fence to begin with and now want to back out. Sometimes the perfect piece of gear doesn't arrive, but be we buy online and ship - we understand the chance of exchange. I wouldn't let a defect push me away from getting what I paid for. These companies will take care of you in these situations. That said, I'm glad my guitarists MH1000ET had no issues. Thing is a beast of a guitar.

I would have loved for it to work properly but no way am I spending that much money for something that's not correct. Also I don't think the companies took care of me other than zzounds. I would have had to pay for shipping from CT all the way to CA to get the guitar worked on. You sure the guitar stays in perfect tune even when you change the tension with the tuners?(while being in Zone 2) If you were to turn the tuner a full turn in zone 2 the guitar would be exactly in tune still? Maybe in the future I'll try again but that guitar seemed to have quality control issues. Other than the bridge, the guitar had fret buzz even with the guitar set up and the G string just sounded weird.

I would have loved for it to work properly but no way am I spending that much money for something that's not correct. Also I don't think the companies took care of me other than zzounds. I would have had to pay for shipping from CT all the way to CA to get the guitar worked on. You sure the guitar stays in perfect tune even when you change the tension with the tuners?(while being in Zone 2) If you were to turn the tuner a full turn in zone 2 the guitar would be exactly in tune still? Maybe in the future I'll try again but that guitar seemed to have quality control issues. Other than the bridge, the guitar had fret buzz even with the guitar set up and the G string just sounded weird.
Yes, have no issues with tuning in Zone 2. Took a little time just getting use to how much of a crank I need to come in and out of 2 to 3, but no issues with zone 2. For me it also has a pretty wide spot where Zone 2 works without bends before I reach the top/Zone 3 right where bends are. I usually turn up past zone 3 (where bends happen) to where I hear pitch go up just slightly, then back off about a half turn and from there it's maybe like two full cranks if not more before I am down to zone 2.
But yeah fret buzz and strings, sounds like you had some other concerns then just the ET.

Thanks guys. ESP wouldn't even answer my question if that was normal behavior for the Evertune bridge and a guitar tech at Guitar Center just pretended to know about it but didn't really when I asked further questions. I just ended up buying another 8 string guitar. Got a great deal on an Agile 8 string Intrepid Pro. After shipping it came to $320.00 on ebay. Eventually I want to get a 6 string though since I only have one electric 6 string and it's a baritone scale length. I'm sure I'll give Evertune another shot at some point in the future. Just not a fan of that "production tolerance" on mass produced guitar with it.