ESP LTD MH-1000ET EverTune Electric Guitar

Ericlingus

Prettiest Hair Around
Oct 31, 2006
What do you think of this guitar guys? I've really been wanting to get a standard scale length 6 string guitar for drop C tuning or maybe C standard. The evertune bridge seems awesome. I hate tuning and intonation issues! For me it's a toss up between this one and the EC-1000ET which is their Les Paul copy guitar.

W14060592-front-large.jpg

should I go with the evertune model over the standard bridge? I'm now conflicted on evertune. I know they are working on an evertune2 bridge system but it won't be able to fit into the older ones space. I like my guitars to have longevity and I feel the evertune bridge could make the guitar dated in the future.

Guitarist in my band got this exact model MH-1000ET, amazing guitar. Even with an ET2, there are no real shortcomings on the original ET. It does it's job which has been a lifesaver at shows and recording. Takes a little bit to get use to setup and operation but after that you just start forgetting about the job it's doing and focus on playing. I would vote for the MH over the EC for the longer scale length if doing any drop tuning.

I plan on going C standard or drop C. How much of a pain is it to go from say D standard to drop C? Would only dropping one string be a pain in the ass the do? Because I plan on alternating between drop and standard.

Retuning and setting the intonation for one string can take a few minutes. You can check out the user manual here for your reference which also includes a setup guide: http://www.evertune.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/UserManual04.pdf

It's also possible to quickly drop tune a string by tuning out of the balanced zone. It only takes a few seconds and is demonstrated in this video here:

[Youtube]6JMJLObzy-Y&t=3m20s[/Youtube]

Keep in mind that by using this method this one string will not be held in tune by the EverTune and we only suggest to use it in situations where quickly down tuning a string is required.

I actually can't say anything bad about this guitar.
It's my most used guitar for a while now, and I own loads of different guitars including a nice Ibanez Jem. The evertune is just something amazing.

But are you?going to feel lile an asshole once the?evertune system is better in the future

It keeps the guitar in tune which is what it should do. Unless there is some crazy benefit of v2.0 then I couldn't care. Only thing I heard about 2.0 is smaller size and Floyd - neither matter to me.

yeah I think I'm going with it. How much space is there between the bridge and the bridge pickup? Think a fishman MIDI pickup could fit in there? Your right. Unless they do something drastic like make the evertune system even easier to use or something like that then I shouldn't care about a V2.0. Although floyd rose would be cool. Another concern is getting it setup. I plan on chaning the tuning to drop C or even C standard so I plan on taking it to a guitar tech. They probably have not seen them before so what should I do?

Honestly, it's super easy to setup yourself bridge wise. It's not easy to quickly change tuning so I leave it in Drop C, and use another guitar if I need standard D or something else. It can do alt tunings, but just because of the time it takes to both get the tuning dropped, and intonate - I like to set it and forget it. Good thing though, there are plenty of videos and Evertune has plenty of documentation on their site (and tons of YT videos demoing it) so any tech not familiar with it can read up fast on it. The instruction manual is really all you need anyways, there's nothing too complicated about it.

I was thinking in ordering a custom Halo (black semihollow telecaster with evertune) but now I'm not sure if evertune 2 is coming in near future... i was thinking in a baritone 27' for open B tuning GASing everytime I play a little with Halo custom web.

I don't think ET2 is going to be hitting the market anytime real soon, and like I said the only changes I've heard is smaller size, and possibly a Floyd. The OG ET is in no way lacking and it does it's job wonderfully. You can't get more intune than always in tune lol

That said, the moment they have a bass version of ET, I will liquidate all my basses to obtain a single bass with an ET. I hope an ET2 isn't in the limbo the bass version has been for YEARS.

I saw a video with a guy reviewing evertune and said they are developing evertune 2 which will be smaller and have a tremolo. I don't care too much about those things I was just worried that in a couple years E2 will be out and maybe it would be easier to use or something like that. Either way I doesn't matter because I just bough the guitar!

I saw a video with a guy reviewing evertune and said they are developing evertune 2 which will be smaller and have a tremolo. I don't care too much about those things I was just worried that in a couple years E2 will be out and maybe it would be easier to use or something like that. Either way I doesn't matter because I just bough the guitar!

We appreciate it, thank you. Feel free to send me a pm should you need help with setup or have any questions about it.