Want an Evertune guitar, can't decide - LTD MH-1000 or EC-1000?

miguelrx10d

Axe Addicted
May 2, 2011
Portugal
Hey guys, I need a "studio" guitar and i'm looking for Evertune. Those are the only models I have access to and I just can't fucking decide.
The scale is not a factor to me cause I can play well on both. The main thing I'm looking for is SOUND and good D.Is, I like the Les Paul better but I'm afraid it can't handle low tunings (?) altough I play in Drop D, would like it to still be playable if lower tunings are needed.
Please share your experience and knowledge and help me make a good decision :kickass:

Tuning will be better on the 25.5 and the tone overall will be a bit tighter/stiffer. I personally prefer this, and find the MH body shape to be far preferable to the EC when sitting, so for a studio guitar the MH is a no-brainer IMO.

My EC-1000 handles low tunings very well. It doesn't have the Evertune bridge though, just the Tune-o-matic.

If you'd like to hear the Ec-1000 with low tunings then I have plenty of videos on my Youtube channel. Mostly in Drop C but I've gone down to Db or C standard on some videos. Not trying to push my channel on to you or anything, haha. Just thought you might be interested.

I have an H-1007, which has ± the same body as the MH-1000, and I like it; my type of body. However, I would think that the EC is probably heavier with more wood and therefor lends itself better to low tunings, I presume. ? Either way, I think you're going in the right direction with an LTD 1000 :)

I was craving for the MH-1000ET until I found a standard MH -1000 and I realised I did not like the neck. Now I am waiting for other makes/models to be released. So try before you buy...

My EC-1000 handles low tunings very well. It doesn't have the Evertune bridge though, just the Tune-o-matic.

If you'd like to hear the Ec-1000 with low tunings then I have plenty of videos on my Youtube channel. Mostly in Drop C but I've gone down to Db or C standard on some videos. Not trying to push my channel on to you or anything, haha. Just thought you might be interested.

No it doesn't. Les paul models are the worst guitars when it comes to recording. Always sharp or flat on the pick attack going down a few cents milliseconds later,

If the MH has a bit longer scale i would do as Jeff says and go for that one!

thanks for all the replies guys
well about the sharp pick attack that happens to me with every guitar, i'm a very hard picker and that's why I want an Evertune, hoping it helps with that problem...

Looks like people lean more to the MH-1000, won't the Les Paul have like a fatter/grittier sound, I mean they are known for their sound right?
The MH-1000 will be more tuning reliable, tighter and stiffer as Jeff said but I see a lot of people here with eclipses with great sounding D.Is, and to me sound is the top priority, tired of thin guitars without soul :loco:

Or am I just dilluded and they won't sound that different from each other?
I know some people here have those guitar models, please chime in :kickass:

Dude you are nitpicking, they both have almost the same specs so they should sound about the same. It really comes down to what looks and feels better to you and if you prefer the sound of the EMG 85 over the 60 on the neck.

It makes sense to think you'll battle tuning more with the shorter scale but since you are getting evertune then that doesn't really matter. There is a difference in sound because of the scale but it's too tiny, the mh might sound slightly tighter but if the EC feels comfier then that really small difference in sound is not enough to justify the MH.

thanks for all the replies guys
well about the sharp pick attack that happens to me with every guitar, i'm a very hard picker and that's why I want an Evertune, hoping it helps with that problem...

The EverTune helps with that problem to the point where you can pick really hard and the notes will not go sharp. Even on a 25" scale length there is very little movement of pitch visible through my Peterson Strobe Tuner when I hit the low B string. I always set up the EverTune to where string bending and vibrato happen almost immediately or very fast but at the same time keeping a small buffer preventing notes from going sharp. I think that set up is amazing, a lot of fun to play and only takes very little time to get used to if at all.

I know that Cosmos our Inventor has played both LTD 1000 models as well as quite a lot of different short scaled EverTune fitted guitars. If you have any questions in regards to these guitars, scale lengths and tunings feel free to contact Cosmos directly at cosmos at evertune dot com and he'll respond asap.

Personally I prefer longer scale lengths for both their feel and sound.

Best regards,
Herbert

go for the mh, longer scale...totally concur with what jeff as said.

I also have a ec1000 and for me it´s not suitable for low tunings, maybe c# at most.

if they made the mh1000 at 27" or 28"
black hardware
and ebony fretboard

it would be my perfect guitar.

Do you mean Drop D or D standard?

Drop D!

Well I guess you all convinced me, I'm going with the safe option then, the MH-1000. Can't try before buy so just hope it will be awesome ;)

Thanks everyone, I'll let you know how it works out :worship:

How do you do vibrato on an Evertune bridge? In the videos it looks like the spring has to be all the way stretched out before you're able to do it.

The EverTune works in that there is a tension range in that the springs compensate for any change in pitch. If you set up the saddles so that they're located at the upper end of this balanced or compensated range you can bend the string out of this range so that it increases in pitch with bending and vibrato.

If you're interested in how exactly it works feel free to check out our EverTune bridge tutorial series which goes into detail about the inner-workings of the EverTune: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL09A43DA6DE240284

I've owned the M-300FM for like 3 or 4 years now and it's held up pretty well for me. Though I will admit I'm not a big fan of the painted necks. But for $500 it's fine.

The EverTune helps with that problem to the point where you can pick really hard and the notes will not go sharp. Even on a 25" scale length there is very little movement of pitch visible through my Peterson Strobe Tuner when I hit the low B string. I always set up the EverTune to where string bending and vibrato happen almost immediately or very fast but at the same time keeping a small buffer preventing notes from going sharp. I think that set up is amazing, a lot of fun to play and only takes very little time to get used to if at all.

I know that Cosmos our Inventor has played both LTD 1000 models as well as quite a lot of different short scaled EverTune fitted guitars. If you have any questions in regards to these guitars, scale lengths and tunings feel free to contact Cosmos directly at cosmos at evertune dot com and he'll respond asap.

Personally I prefer longer scale lengths for both their feel and sound.

Best regards,
Herbert

I have the Solar ET, and it still goes a bit sharp on the low B cuz I pick hard, so I detune about -5 or so cents on just the B, until my chords sound perfect. With the ET it holds it there forever so my guitar always sounds great when I pick it up.