ESP LTD EC-1000

Jan [MTW]

Aug 26, 2010
Germany
I'm looking forward to buy this guitar, since I couldn't find any descent looking natural colored one.

Does anybody of you have any experience with this axe?
I'm interested in how good it's built and how it can handle low tunings and thick string gauges!

Loved the one I had, one of the guitars I wish I never sold. Can't go wrong with it. I played with it in C/C# standard for the entirety of owning it, handled it just fine.

That said, C# standard is the absolute lowest I'd want to go on a 24.75" scale guitar; thick string gauges necessitate more neck relief to avoid buzzing, and as a result it won't take long before you run out of room to move your bridge saddles back for proper intonation - I'd really really really recommend trying to find a guitar with a 25.5" neck (or longer) if you wanna tune to C or lower; not saying it's unusable, but I'm absolutely in love with the feel of my 26.5" baritone in B-standard with a low 60/46/34; to get the same tension in the same tuning on the 25.5" ESP I was using before, I had to go 62/48/36 (and on a 24.75", prob. 64/49/36), and it still wasn't quite as tight, not to mention less enjoyable to play (I hate the feel and sound of overly thick strings). Take it or leave it...

However, there is this 25.5" LP-shaped stunner...

JK-1_DSTB.png

:worship:

i have this one for sale, it's BRAND new, my dad bought it some time ago and never played, he's more the acoustic guitar guy.
i am lefthanded so i have no chance to play it, interested!? PM me! :)

EC-1000_ASB.png

It sucks that the 25.5 scale ones only have 22 frets...
I was planning to play in drop-a or even drop-a, so the small scale is a big turnoff.
Seems like I have to look for a different guitar :cry:

i have this one for sale, it's BRAND new, my dad bought it some time ago and never played, he's more the acoustic guitar guy.
i am lefthanded so i have no chance to play it, interested!? PM me! :)

EC-1000_ASB.png

I am lefthanded, too! When I started playing guitar I was very unsure if I should play a lefthanded-guitar or do it the normal way. In the end I chose to play righthanded, as my guitar teacher told me that it wouldn't make any difference.
And today I'm very happy about that descision. I have no problems with my picking hand and I can choose between all the guitars available... Just as a little side story. :D

And thanks for the offer! But I don't like the color and the fact that it only has 22 frets. :p

I've been playing the vintage black one for about 2 years now. I play in standard D with 52-10 (planning on moving to thicker strings soon). I love everything about it. It sounds great, it plays great, it looks great. Mine came out of the box without any problems, so nothing to add there really.

The good thing about this guitar is that your girlfriend won't mind you dropping a 1000 euros on it once it arrives...because it just looks so damn sexy ;)

Jan [MTW];10210088 said:
I am lefthanded, too! When I started playing guitar I was very unsure if I should play a lefthanded-guitar or do it the normal way. In the end I chose to play righthanded, as my guitar teacher told me that it wouldn't make any difference.
And today I'm very happy about that descision. I have no problems with my picking hand and I can choose between all the guitars available... Just as a little side story. :D

And thanks for the offer! But I don't like the color and the fact that it only has 22 frets. :p

it has 24 frets, but the color is still there :D

Jan [MTW];10210082 said:
It sucks that the 25.5 scale ones only have 22 frets...
I was planning to play in drop-a or even drop-a, so the small scale is a big turnoff.
Seems like I have to look for a different guitar :cry:

You can do it if it's set up properly.

I had one with .11's in D standard, I hate it TBH. It played really bad in my hands, frets were too awkwardly huge, and the 24.75 scale just didn't feel right for me. I have an ESP LTD MH1000 now, WOW. That is one hell of a guitar.

Not that its a great idea but left without a choice for the timebeing our other guitarist plays in drop G on an ESP 24.75 Eclipse using .80 for the low string and it works surprisingly well. Nicer to play the same tuning on my 26.5 sevenstring but it works and the sound is useable.