Esp Ec-1000 FR

Anyone own/played this thing yet?
The idea is sick but I'm not sure how it affects the tone of the les paul
I've always wanted an ec-1000 but couldn't get one because I use floyd rose:/
This could be just what I've been looking for and I might end up getting this instead of a schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
unless the esp sounds like shit
hahaha
but I doubt it will
anyways
what's your experience with the esp?

It's literally brand new for this year, unveiled at this past NAMM last week - I have nothing but the highest respect for ESP LTD's build quality though, so I have no doubt it'd rule!

yea!
Every ESP I've played has been nothing short of amazing
obviously not anything like the -50 series but the high end ltd's are just amazing
I'm torn between this and the hellraiser now
hahaha
I'll probably get the hellraiser for now since I can get a good deal and get the esp later
but I'm still interested on info on the esp
thanks dude!

Something without a Floyd, like the normal EC-1000... I've stated my reasons for hating Floyds many times. Here's the summary:

• Break a string, they all go out of tune. Fuck that.
• Unison bend? Not unless you want one of the strings to be out of tune! Fuck that.
• Low-end? Nothing like a TOM or hard-tail. Fuck that.
• Sustain? It's debatable but I will say, without any hard evidence, a Floyd will have less than a TOM/ht. Fuck that also.

BuT dewD u can dew s0me awsum dyvebams n shiz!!1shiftone.

Fuck that.

These are just my prefs though. A lot of people say they "can't play on anything but a Floyd because everything else feels weird." My opinion on that? Fuck that.

~006

I'm not a fan of LTD/ESP... I think they're built great and come with top of the line features but they just don't feel right for me. But this is about you're choice and if you dig those guitars, I'd say go for it! I've actually been a Floyd hater (not as bad as 006 ;)) but recently I kind of like some of the ways you can incorporate it into some of your solos although I will agree it can be real bitch to change strings and set it up.

EDIT: I'm surprised some people haven't mentioned negative things about the scale (24-3/4)... *cough* Marcus *cough* :)

I love floyds when im not spending half a day settings them up. Thats my biggest downfall with them, when they are in tune and work fine I have no issues they are great, but if you change ANYTHING after that bang its fucked.

On the LTD/ESP side of things I have a LTD explorer and it has never gone wrong, its been solid as a rock over at least 6 years now, so I really do have to give LTD guitars the thumbs up for quality.

That's pretty much what I meant to convey Chryst :lol:

And, for the record, I owned several guitars with Floyds and the Ibby's I had with the Edge Pro in them back in the day. Before the Tremol-No came out I was floating-bridge-extraordinaire and could set one up/change strings in no time at all. So it really has nothing to do with the hassles of stringing one up or setting it up...it just has major downfalls that I can't overlook for my needs. If you like a Floyd, and don't mind the things mentioned, get one. I'm not you. You like Floyds, I hate them, so don't listen to me about a guitar you like with a Floyd! lol.

~006

That's pretty much what I meant to convey Chryst :lol:

And, for the record, I owned several guitars with Floyds and the Ibby's I had with the Edge Pro in them back in the day. Before the Tremol-No came out I was floating-bridge-extraordinaire and could set one up/change strings in no time at all. So it really has nothing to do with the hassles of stringing one up or setting it up...it just has major downfalls that I can't overlook for my needs. If you like a Floyd, and don't mind the things mentioned, get one. I'm not you. You like Floyds, I hate them, so don't listen to me about a guitar you like with a Floyd! lol.

~006

Glad you can set them up no problem..