Would you buy a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 for 1275 $?

My place sell Schecter, the better stuff is still made in South Korea.

I've only got a couple Hellraiser C1's right now, a Special at £614 and a custom at £696. Stop tail versions. Floyd Rose obviously adds to the price.

Definitely not - I don't understand the obsession with Hellraisers. Quality control on the wood choices is iffy at best, and the guitars are so heavily coated in paint that all resonance the guitar would've otherwise had is stifled.

I love my Schecter, but it's an '04 Stealth from when the company was using awesome cuts of wood consistently, and I've sanded the finish off entirely.

damn guys, 1275 is a crapload for that guitar... you'd be better off importing new or used and it would still be a lot less.

Definitely not - I don't understand the obsession with Hellraisers. Quality control on the wood choices is iffy at best, and the guitars are so heavily coated in paint that all resonance the guitar would've otherwise had is stifled.

I love my Schecter, but it's an '04 Stealth from when the company was using awesome cuts of wood consistently, and I've sanded the finish off entirely.

Absolutely, the coating on my hellraiser was so thick, I'm pretty certain it could've deflected a bullet, lol.. it was impervious to chips/dents.

Interesting you mentioned that, because I remember reading a "before and after" thread from a guy who took the paint off his Schecter and then did some before and after sound clips. Tbh, I was a little surprised by the difference in the tones. The guy who posted that thread came to the conclusion that they heavy coats of paint Schecter applies to their guitars was adversely affecting their tonality.

My C-7 Hellraiser, C-1 Blackjack, and C-1 Classic all had paint that was waaay way way too thick. My best sounding guitars are ones that are lightly-finished (Schecter, stripped + tung oiled and Stinnett, oil-finished). Honorable mention goes to my Tele, but that's a different beast.

I've been thinking of stripping the finish off the neck of my LTD H-500, it feels way too plasticky for my taste. Any advice on how to go about it?

Just for the record, the schecters are not assembled in the USA (unless you get a custom shop). To my knowledge they do the same "make it in Asia, ship it to the US, look at it and slap an American flag sticker on it" thing that ESP does.
I honestly can't imagine paying $1200 for one but I realize things are cheap here.

Just for the record, the schecters are not assembled in the USA (unless you get a custom shop). To my knowledge they do the same "make it in Asia, ship it to the US, look at it and slap an American flag sticker on it" thing that ESP does.
I honestly can't imagine paying $1200 for one but I realize things are cheap here.

even if both esp and schecter to that asian-american thingy, esp's are still (a bit) cheaper in most cases...ec-1000 is still cheaper then the schecter c1 hellraiser.
It's just a PITA to have spend a lot more money on overseas gear than it is "worth", due to having to pay distributors, shipping and stuff.
new 6505+ here = new dual recto in the states if I recall correctly. but that's life, you have to get used to it...or go second hand gear

Pex, as you said you dont have experience in getting heavy guitars and we are in the same city you can hit me up and have a chat about that, or I can go with you when you get a new axe...depends on were you want to get it...Klangfarbe seems to be the adress for that imo, and I never get sick of visiting it for an afternoon :D

That's just the way it is, prices are always going to be higher the further you are from the manufacturers base. We really feel it here in Australia; ENGLs for example, cost the same as a used car. I could buy a series one Powerball for about 900 euro from a german eBayer, which is around about $1600 AUD including the cost to ship and such. OR, I could buy it new today from a local store for $4200. Just a bit of a markup.

I payed 400$ for my Hellraiser... So I definitely wouldn't pay the price tag you posted TS

Just to let you know how fucked up prices are in Argentina, I payed 900 usd for a used hellraiser, and it was a good deal. New ones are like 1200 or 1300