I went nuts and ordered a new axe

Damn, I phoned them and instantly fell in love with the store. I had barely finished asking the question when the dude said: "Oh yeah, the Hellraiser, I already packed it and sent it this morning, it should arrive at your place tomorrow!" :D Easily beats the customer service of a local shop I tried first. Our dialog went pretty much like this:

ME: "Hi, I'd like to buy a Schecter."
CLERK: "Ok."
<long, awkward silence>
ME: "Uhh... An Hellraiser C-1..."
CLERK: "Yeah,"
ME: "Uhh... Could you check the price for me?"
CLERK: "Yeah. Well, it's listed at 899&#8364;."
ME: "And the real price?"
CLERK: "Well, it depends, you know."
ME: "Dude, I want to buy an axe, and whether I'm buying it from you or somewhere else depends on the price you give me."
CLERK: "Oh, yeah, you should come by someday and we'll count a deal!"

WHAT THE FUCK, I'M HERE RIGHT NOW AND WANT TO BUY AN AXE! I finally got the shop owner to count a price for me, and since the estimated cost (even he couldn't give me an exact price) was a hundred euros higher than the shop I ended up ordering it from, I gave up.
There's some stores that seem to BEG for people not to buy in them, so as there's some bands that seem to BEG for not being listened to (like those bands with heavily edited myspace sites that end fucking up the music player...). Fuck that store and post pics of the guitar when you have it!
That reminds me of something that happened to me when I was in the USA this year. I was in a clothes store, an outlet to be precise. And I liked this t-shirt, so, logically, I wanted to try it on to see if it fits. A shop assistant passes by and I ask her:
- Hey, could you tell me where the fitting room is?
She didn't stop and say:
- Yeah, I'll be right back and let you know
I thought a simple finger pointing to the direction of the fitting room would have sufficed, but I decided to wait and see how this would... evolve.
So, she didn't come back. I spotted the fitting room (it was in the middle of the place, weirdly) and the door was closed. As the other assistants where busy not telling the other customers where the fitting room was I approached the girls in the checkout and said:
ME: - Hey, that's the fitting room, right? (clearly it was, but being them so retarded...)
her: Yeah
(silence)
ME: - could you give me the key?
her: - oh, no, it's unavailable
me: (the Seinfeld in my was growing bigger) - How come it's unavailable? [it was the only fitting room in the store. Yeah, only 1 room]
her: we use it to store stuff
me: - So how do I try if this fits?
her: - I don't know
me: - You do realize that's the purpose of a "FITTING room", right? To see if it fits...
her: - Yeah, but you can't use it. Sorry.

I left the t-shirt over some other clothes and left saying "you should get a fitting room, people want to try if clothes fit them before they buy them"

I seriously felt like I was in a Seinfeld episode...

Got it, love it! :) There's something that boggles me, though. According to the Schecter site, the Hellraiser C-1 should have Schecter locking tuners, but this one has normal Grovers. And also, the binding is completely different from the images I've seen, it's wider and kinda yellow abalone-ish. Is it an older model? Or newer? Here's a couple of lousy pics:

hellraiser.jpg
hellraiser_hs.jpg

Nice one! Hope you enjoy it!! The initial set up on mine wasn't great, at all. But after adjusting it myself, I really fell in love with the feel and sound of it. I'm sure you will too.

Yeah the older ones had the binding on the inner body, where as thats pretty much like my Cherry one, slap bang on the front!

Still looks nice though! Couldn't get the blacks when I was ordering both my C1 and C7 :(

I literally woke up and decided that i want to buy a LTD Viper 400 and i did just that. Managed to fool the mrs into thinking that its my old guitar. hah. Now i have 2 guitars, 1 is in hiding. :Smokin:
hi 5 jarkho

I literally woke up and decided that i want to buy a LTD Viper 400 and i did just that. Managed to fool the mrs into thinking that its my old guitar. hah. Now i have 2 guitars, 1 is in hiding. :Smokin:
hi 5 jarkho

I love my wife - we have a very mutual understanding that as long as the bills are paid, my GAS urges can be satisfied and her purchasing needs can be meet. No hiding, no apologizing after the fact. The only problem is resisting the urge sometimes :)

Good thing I'm a bit of a minimalist and try to get the most out of what I already have. If I don't use something it gets sold - I recently realized that I had no need for five guitars so three of them got sold off and I kept one tremolo equipped guitar and one fixed bridge (oh and the acoustic). But in the end, I sold off three unused instruments and added some cash to the GAS fund (I think my next purchase is going to be a better set of monitors).

I love my wife - we have a very mutual understanding that as long as the bills are paid, my GAS urges can be satisfied and her purchasing needs can be meet. No hiding, no apologizing after the fact. The only problem is resisting the urge sometimes :)

Good thing I'm a bit of a minimalist and try to get the most out of what I already have. If I don't use something it gets sold - I recently realized that I had no need for five guitars so three of them got sold off and I kept one tremolo equipped guitar and one fixed bridge (oh and the acoustic). But in the end, I sold off three unused instruments and added some cash to the GAS fund (I think my next purchase is going to be a better set of monitors).
not mine :cry: she is a conservative asian girl who doesnt appreciate metal. Funnily enough shes a a major in classical piano and she teaches me theory. My gas urges are to be ignored, that is the mindset tat she got. However i love her very much. As a matter of fact i will love her tonight. Ill be thinking of you guys.

Got it, love it! :) There's something that boggles me, though. According to the Schecter site, the Hellraiser C-1 should have Schecter locking tuners, but this one has normal Grovers. And also, the binding is completely different from the images I've seen, it's wider and kinda yellow abalone-ish. Is it an older model? Or newer? Here's a couple of lousy pics:

hellraiser.jpg
hellraiser_hs.jpg

Nice. That's the newer model with the tapped/splittable pickups looking at the colour of the writing on the EMG's. I have the Older Hellraiser with the 81 and the 85 and compared it side by side to a mate's newer one with the same pickups as yours. Sounded close enough to the same, except when the pickups were split of course. I recorded some DI's with both, they are around here somewhere. :loco:

yes this is the new hellraiser's look....it's like a C1 Elite now with those abalone bindings. The old model had a darker inlays and bindings.
I think schecter nowadays have a pretty stupid designer....some choices about colors and style are really bad.

I replaced the grover tuners with sperzel locking tuners in my schecter C7 blackjack. To be honest there's not much of a difference as far as how well it stays in tune...those grover tuners are really good. It's just easier to change strings.

Ah, thanks a lot for the answers, guys! Yeah, I don't mind the Grovers at all, I've had them before and haven't had any complaints. I was just wondering why the guitar's specs differed from the ones on the site. One thing I noticed, though, is that I have to crank the gain on my Rockmaster and Revalver III more than I did with the EC-400, but it stills sounds and plays sweet! :)

Ah, thanks a lot for the answers, guys! Yeah, I don't mind the Grovers at all, I've had them before and haven't had any complaints. I was just wondering why the guitar's specs differed from the ones on the site. One thing I noticed, though, is that I have to crank the gain on my Rockmaster and Revalver III more than I did with the EC-400, but it stills sounds and plays sweet! :)

pick up height???

Grovers are great tuners dude, you need not worry about that! (the same as on the EC-400, in case you hadn't noticed ;))