Schecter hellraiser C-7 7 string

The Rhone

Nov 8, 2006
Bromley, Kent
Has anyone tried or own one of these. Schecter hellraiser C-7 7 string, seen one for sale, it looks loverly but as we know thats not all bout a guitar.

So your thoughts please gentlemen, it's unlikely I'll be able to tey before I buy.

I own one and highly recommend it. 707s, Grovers, 26.5" scale, no trem; there's nothing I don't like about it. Plays well and sounds ridiculously heavy. Not much good for clean, mind, but for distorted stuff it's a favourite of mine.

I own one and highly recommend it. 707s, Grovers, 26.5" scale, no trem; there's nothing I don't like about it. Plays well and sounds ridiculously heavy. Not much good for clean, mind, but for distorted stuff it's a favourite of mine.

Only for heavy music, from Fear Factory to Dimmu Borgir. How does is compare to Jackson, LTD and Ibanez 7 strings.

I've had one for a while and really liked it. Problem was, as I've taken it to a good tech, is that the frets weren't all level on mine, and also apparently the break angle of the strings after the bridge is too severe, which may cause you some tuning problems. I'm getting mine entirely refretted with stainless steel fret wire and getting a tailpiece put after the bridge. The general problem was that there was a stupid amount of fret buzz, which I just couldn't get rid of no matter what. So as with all Korean products, be wary, as you may have to pay a little extra after the fact to mod it to recording spec.

"Try before you buy" would be the philosophy to follow. I've got a 6 string Hellraiser that winds up on quite a few records.... As for comparisons, well, Schecter beats the pants off of Ibanez.

For a further read on Ibanez's wonderful products:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/269903-am-i-only-guy-who-hates-ibanez.html#post5667242

Anyway, Moonlapse, that sucks that you have such a bad fret buzz. Never heard of that kind of problem with a Schecter before. No issues on this side of the pond, anyway.

-0z-

My C-7 Hellraiser is arriving in a couple of days. I read so many good things about it on this board, I just had to try it out...
And by the way, Oz, I used to own an Ibanez S series loaded with Emg's, and recently sold it for an LTD EC-1000... I'll never regret it... just like tasting cake after eating crap for years!

I've had one for a while and really liked it. Problem was, as I've taken it to a good tech, is that the frets weren't all level on mine, and also apparently the break angle of the strings after the bridge is too severe, which may cause you some tuning problems. I'm getting mine entirely refretted with stainless steel fret wire and getting a tailpiece put after the bridge. The general problem was that there was a stupid amount of fret buzz, which I just couldn't get rid of no matter what. So as with all Korean products, be wary, as you may have to pay a little extra after the fact to mod it to recording spec.

The problem with fret buzzing maybe it's just you have a very low action.
Did you try playing with the trussrod Ermin? maybe a quarter of a turn or more, could have helped ya!

cheers

ah remember LTD's and Schecter's got a two-way truss rod, when you turn it all and it feels like you reach the end you can tighten it more!
there's dead point on which you can go on one direction or the other, basically you can tight it on the left or on the right for your needs.
I felt on mine the height between the string and the fret (at the 6th fret) was really too low (less than 0.010) and I had the truss really loose, I said "what should I do now?"
I started tighten it more (anti-clockwise) so I solved the problem!
Pay attention to the two way truss rods!

i got a loomis a couple of months ago and i fucking love that thing, though i dont really use the floyd its still cool to have. both guitarists in my friends band have schecters and they have great tone. Ive only tried out a few C7s but they where all great. Defintaly pick up one for yourself i highly doubt youll regret it.

I owned one for a while and absolutely loved it. I wasn't into doing heavy music after some time though so I ended up selling it to BlackNeonBob on here. I regret selling it since now I'm into heavy stuff again and I miss that badass 7.

~006

"Try before you buy" would be the philosophy to follow. I've got a 6 string Hellraiser that winds up on quite a few records.... As for comparisons, well, Schecter beats the pants off of Ibanez.

For a further read on Ibanez's wonderful products:
http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/269903-am-i-only-guy-who-hates-ibanez.html#post5667242

Anyway, Moonlapse, that sucks that you have such a bad fret buzz. Never heard of that kind of problem with a Schecter before. No issues on this side of the pond, anyway.

-0z-

Aahahaha, you just can't help it don't you :D

I think the Schecter are great. I would be into their 7 strings if the neck was not only big fat piece of wood.

Well it's good Jeff Loomis but I ain't for me.

Jackson and Ibanez are more easy to play to me. But that should be just a habit of fast thin necks.