Dean Dime Razorback 7 255 7-String Guitar Dimebag

The Rhone

Nov 8, 2006
Bromley, Kent
As well as the Schecter hellraiser C-7 I'm thinging about getting the Dean 7 string. I've never used Dean before and I know they're getting a lot of press at the mo coz of DImeback, but as anyone actually used one?

Are they as good as they say they are?

As a lover of old Jacksons, Charvels, BC Richs and Feranades how do you think they'll compare to these babies

as a lover of esp and jackson, i also own a couple of deans, i used to own a dean razorback standard and 255 v, its a really nice guitar but i always thought they were way overpriced for what they offered, but none the less it plays great, decent build quality, but i wouldn't treat it like my eclipse or rhoads, which i would be comfortable with dropping a few feet. the real thing is you have to take a little extra care with them, just due to the design, the paint chips very easily on the sharp corners.

with the razorback, it had the black chrome licensed floyd rose, which i could could care less about, i also have a few set neck ml's which i love almost more than the esp and jackson.

also the neck profiles are more closely related to gibsons.
if you use it alot, i would suggest a good stand, i had to modify my stand a little to hold the dean.

but thats about it, unless you have anything specific you want to know.

as for 7 string, i was thinking of a esp viper 7, what do you think about those.

I am always on the Jacksons and my friend has a Dean Razorback. Personally I wouldn't trade my Pro series Jackson for that horrible thing!
I mean the pickups sound horrible in it, I personally have a strong distate for the neck and I find it hard to play higher register progressions on it!
It's good for low reg riffing but apart from that, I really don't like it. Looks great though on stage :p

I always prefered the looks of the Wasburn Dime with the dime slime finish myself and they had a Schaller floyd rose.
The pickup spec was a seymour duncan 59 in the neck an the Lawerence XXL in the bridge.

However dime had a custom version of the Lawrence XXL made for him only the XXXL and MR Lawrence would not make the design available to the public!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I knew sombody who had one of them because I always wanted to try one out but the UK rep for Washburn at the time said I would have to buy one before trying it because they were all sold out in the UK and I would have to order one and wait a few months as well!!!!!!!

I was offered a Schaller floyd rose by the Rep at the same time I wish I had bought it.

Has anyone on the forum played a wasburn Dime signature not the 333 version??

as for 7 string, i was thinking of a esp viper 7, what do you think about those.

I've mainly been with Jacksons, my old 7 string was Jackson Dinky Reverse and it was wicked I sold it because I needed the cash and thought I wouldn't be using 7's any more, but I kind of miss em now hence the Scecter or Dean.

As for a Viper 7...hmm intresting. What neck length is is?

Oog, I'd recommend staying away from BC Rich these days - between the shoddy build quality (variable) and the pitifully short necks (constant), they're a major turnoff to me.

Hell no. The Shecter will outplay the Dean all day long, I do love the neck profile of the Razorback's but other than that the build quality is poor and they a way over priced.

There are no C7 Hellraiser's in stores in the UK right now but they are worth waiting for.