New Dean Guitar/Rebel Razorback guitar By DimeBag

thraxx

You'll Be in Hell With ME
Nov 23, 2002
www.anthrax.com
USA_Rebel_Razorback_enlarge.jpg

Dean Guitars has announced the release of what it believes is one of the finest guitars Dean has ever made — the Rebel Razorback guitar (photo), a creation of the late "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott. Sculpted with razor-like edges, and points-to-kill, Dean's Rebel Razorback is a visual six-string weapon made for those who play like they've got a pair.

The Razorback was designed by Dimebag Darrell in conjunction with Dean Guitars. So far, four different Razorback models have been issued and heavy players, such as Zakk Wylde and 20-year old guitar phenom Matt Heafy of TRIVIUM — one of the hottest new players out there — have identified with its attitude.

Commented Dean B. Zelinksy, Dean co-founder: "Dime lived the guitar. Besides being a monster player, he also was a monster creator. He always 'Dimed' his guitars to the specs he wanted. The Razorback is a shape Dime envisioned and wanted us to create. I lost a friend when Dime was killed but I'm proud to continue his vision and carry on his complete legacy."

The Rebel Razorback fronts a painstakingly hand airbrushed, distressed rebel flag within its beveled edges and on the famous Dean V headstock. The flag pays homage to Dimebag's Texas roots. The Rebel Razorback has a mahogany body and neck and is equipped with a Floyd Rose tremolo, Grover tuners, Dimebucker neck pickup and a Dimarzio bridge pickup. The ebony fingerboard is highlighted with pearl Dean V position markers and a pearl razorblade on the 12th fret.

The Rebel Razorback lists for $6,667.00 and includes a Dean hardshell case.

I never liked the southern cross on guitars. The confederate flag stood for racism, as much as the south saw it as just a way to symbolize that area of the country.

regardless, i like the body shape

ahh.... that thing is really ugly.
But I know... opinions are like assholes... blah blah blah.

JohnThrax said:
I never liked the southern cross on guitars. The confederate flag stood for racism, as much as the south saw it as just a way to symbolize that area of the country.

regardless, i like the body shape

haha the confederate flag is rascist?!?! man the dukes of hazzard must be a helluva confusing show for you, esp that aryan bo duke fella

i remember some idiot tellin me pantera were racists cos they show the confederate flag, what a piss poor thing to say, look intothe history of these things before coming up with outlandish stuff like that......

lokey said:
haha the confederate flag is rascist?!?! man the dukes of hazzard must be a helluva confusing show for you, esp that aryan bo duke fella

i remember some idiot tellin me pantera were racists cos they show the confederate flag, what a piss poor thing to say, look intothe history of these things before coming up with outlandish stuff like that......

Why don't you attach that flag and drive around the south side of chicago for a while and tell people it's not a racisit symbol? I've never understood why so many idiots know that to many that flag symbolizes racisim but feel some reundant attachment to it.

hey my only attachment is the dukes of hazzard, bar that i have no involvement with that flag whatsoever

i aint saying that if you go up to some fella waving that around in his face it aint gonna piss him off...just saying its not a racist symbol....like the swastika..... just cos the majority of people take it that way. putit this way.......say some racist group takes the pentathrax and uses it as their own, and it gets associated with racism, does that make us racists?!!? do we ditch a symbol that started out here, just cos it got taken by others and used in the wrong way? the swastika wass taken by the nazis but used for hundreds of years prior to any involvment with a far right movment. i dont know much about states history, but i am pretty sure, some guy didn't just paint an orange flag stick a blue cross on it and go, fuck yeah, thats a nice racist symbol.

giving power to a colour of a flag or a symbol, just shows how far we have come eh....oh wait........

lokey said:

no no, im right. im not bashing Pantera or Dime, but the confederate flag STOOD FOR SLAVERY. What was the confederacy fighting for? to keep the institution of slavery around.

end of story, i win

JohnThrax said:
no no, im right. im not bashing Pantera or Dime, but the confederate flag STOOD FOR SLAVERY. What was the confederacy fighting for? to keep the institution of slavery around.

end of story, i win

like i say i very briefly touched on the american civil war back in school, in the uk, so obviously it wasnt very detailed, and my knowledge of it is very sketchy at best.......

i understand that one of the major issues of the civil war was slavery, that wasnt the only issue tho....... and i dont know when the flag was created,
if the war started, then they created the flag and said this flag stands for slavery and our side then fair enough, your point is made,........... if the flag existed long before the war broke out and represented the south, and then was used in the war to represent the south and therefore the cause of that war which u say is racism, then i can see why people are still loyal to that flag, just bacause people see it now, relate it to the civil war and say racists.... i doubt that war was the origin of the flag, so why should people disown it!?!? ignorance creates fear. recreating the ignorance achieves nothing.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway.......... i like the guitar, its pretty sweet, tho for 6 grand i'd want a button that u press and it makes it solo the general lee horn

whitey131 said:
ummm. dude the war was the orgin of that flag.

like i say i barely know a thing about it, but it seems really odd that if as u say the flag was created purely as a symbol of slavery and promotion of racism ....that it is still used at all today........ i mean how do you get away with that!?!?! why isnt there outrage about it!?!?!? how can u print it on a guitar and sell it for 6 grand?

if it were here yuo'd get done for inciting hatred under the terrorist act or some shit like that. seems bizzare to me.

lokey said:
like i say i barely know a thing about it, but it seems really odd that if as u say the flag was created purely as a symbol of slavery and promotion of racism ....that it is still used at all today........ i mean how do you get away with that!?!?! why isnt there outrage about it!?!?!? how can u print it on a guitar and sell it for 6 grand?

if it were here yuo'd get done for inciting hatred under the terrorist act or some shit like that. seems bizzare to me.

Here's the issue. Keep in mind that the US is Very large. If you got to the south, it's a symbol of southern pride for the most part. If your in the northern states, it's not. It very much represents something else.

With that said it doesn't matter what your intent is, if something can be taken the wrong way (like this) you should be aware and live with the ramifications of that.

Also, the civil war was started more out of the economics of having to PAY slaves for working.

must be said i do forget just how big the states is and that state to state attitudes vary intensly, almost like country to country over this way, still seems odd tho that if the north are still outraged by it to this day....more isnt done to stop it being used, like i say i cant imagine a tv programme about two dudes who frustrate the law with a twatting great swastika on the roof of their car, nevermind redoing it as a crap movie decades later.

interesting point about the slavery reason for war, guess history shows a huge amount of war just comes down to money.....

The war was about Southern Independence~ freedom from tax and economic oppression just like the American Revolution. It was not about slavery. The North had legal slavery throughout the war and used captured southern slaves in the fields in the north. Even Yankee history teachers will tell you that.

Bleearg said:
The war was about Southern Independence~ freedom from tax and economic oppression just like the American Revolution. It was not about slavery. The North had legal slavery throughout the war and used captured southern slaves in the fields in the north. Even Yankee history teachers will tell you that.

You and I went to different history classes. The way it was presented to me was in a nut shell the southern economy was based on farming, large farms had slaves working the fields. When the north, who's economy was industry based and had a higher population of voters, decided that the farm owners should pay their slaves. Now if you were a farm owner who wasn't rich to begin with and had "bought" slaves and now was being faced with having to pay them, ofcourse this meant a hit in your pocket. Since the souther population was smaller and the slave votes didn't count (I think it was something like 3 slaves = 1 vote) you knew you were going to lose. They decided to withdraw from the US and for the CSA. The northern states or USA felt that the land and resources of the south were theirs so we went to war.

On a side note your article is pretty oone sided, I don't have to read any further then God wanted slaves to think it's complete BS.